Sky Factory

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some industrial landscapes from a converted mill. Thanks for looking.

p722625858-6.jpg

Nikon D7100
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 18mm f/8

p664254016-6.jpg

Nikon D7100
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 23mm f/4

p300893137-6.jpg

Nikon D7100
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 17mm f/8

p320851506-5.jpg

Nikon D7100
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR1 @ 102mm f/2.8

1 I like, 2 sucks, 3 soso.

okay, 4 I don't get the point..

Why do you think it sucks?
I shoot mills around here, actually buildings in general. I think I go for different aspects than you but...

if you look at three bottom left hand corner the crown architecture on that building. The windows. That is usually the kind of thing I go for. the smoke stack I see why one would take a photo of it, same with the pipes, I cant tell you if that is a good composition or not as generally everyone disagrees with me on composition and I put architecture over a nicely framed shot so.... I can just tell you I wouldn't take a photo of those pipes unless it was for kicks. it is the building, architecture, thinking people built that monstrosity of engineering madness of the time that is fascinating to me. And im a building nut. I walk around them, run my fingers along them, stare up at them. Think of the work that went into them. just how I am and how I see them. I was doing this at nine oclock last night walking around old mills. staring at them since I was a little kid.. that kind of thing.

Does the pipe photo make good composition? I couldn't tell you im too biased liking the buildings over concerning myself with the composition..
To make my self appeased, I look at buildings as a presentation. For instance, if a magazine was doing a article on old mill buildings and asked you to encapsulate their architecture and present them for their article is the pipe shot one you would have given them?

I shoot what I see. I try to convey what I see with my minds eye through my photography.

I shot the conduits because the scene reminded me of flowers growing out of the ground.
The yellow square is the sun. The red conduits are plants - one is even bending toward the sun.

Just because I'm shooting a building, doesn't mean I'm shooting architecture.

Thanks for your comments. :)

I shoot what I see. I try to convey what I see with my minds eye through my photography.

I shot the conduits because the scene reminded me of flowers growing out of the ground.
The yellow square is the sun. The red conduits are plants - one is even bending toward the sun.

Just because I'm shooting a building, doesn't mean I'm shooting architecture.

Thanks for your comments. :)
no prob. I don't see that, but that is your eye. no offense either. I like 5 too. the tree and lamp accentuate it in this case.

Love the symmetry on the first.

Great set. I really like the first one and the later image of the window and lamp post.

I really like 2 for that very reason. The repeated pattern of the brick background with these brilliant red pipes "growing" out of the ground and to different heights. Thought it was very well seen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back