Skyline and Bridge - Boston at night

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
By a chain link fence there’s a narrow path along the hill that takes you to this small window through the trees. The city and bridges are spread out in the distance. Access to this popular viewing point may be going away soon as they’re building some condos right above the trail. Went there recently with a couple of photographer friends to get some night shots before public access is gone!

Sunset
Tobin Bridge by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Blue hour
Tobin Bridge, Boston by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Night - this was taken at a second opening through the trees - a slightly poorer angle on the bridge.

Instagram crop

Nice set. I like the night shot the best. The buildings seem to be more vibrant against the background in that one to me.

I think I like the instagram crop best!

The instagram crop looks good. The blue hour is my favorite.

Nice set. I like the night shot the best. The buildings seem to be more vibrant against the background in that one to me.
Thanks - yes I agree on that. I wish I had taken more from the other vantage point once it got darker. I was making room for another group who showed up after us. They were waiting patiently. It's a very small shooting area - maybe 3 or 4 tripods max and that is if everyone overlaps and is comfortable standing side by side. I'll be going back there again the next good Boston sunset forecast if you want to join us send me a PM.

Very nice detailed shots.....
Thanks...
I think I like the instagram crop best!
Thank you. Portrait orientation for landscape photos has really started to grow on me since I started using Instagram.
The instagram crop looks good. The blue hour is my favorite.
Thanks Cheryl. Are you on Insta?

Very nice set. The "Blue Hour" is the winner for me!

Nice set. It's interesting how you notice different things in each shot because of the different lighting.

Very nice set. The "Blue Hour" is the winner for me!
Thanks! That seems to be the winner based on public opinion.

Nice set. It's interesting how you notice different things in each shot because of the different lighting.
Thank you. Yes that is so true - especially the blue lights I think - TD Garden is lit up in blue for autism awareness month. That was a nice bonus and much more noticeable in the last shot I think. I have one where a tow truck with flashing orange lights crossed the bridge during my shot and that one really emphasizes the light trails. I’m still working on the white balance and exposure for that one.

Wonderful set! I really like the last one! Really dislike when public access is removed. I grew up just across A1A from the beach on the FL space coast, and after I left, they build condos all up and down the coast, and pretty much cut off access to the beach, except for a few places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back