jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Earlier this year, I moved the bird feeder to keep Ms. Slappy from raiding it, but being that it is an Olympic year and everything, and she's been practicing her long jump, I watched her make the leap from the fence to the feeder, as graceful as ever. She has the gold medal in my book, and I'll just leave the feeder where it is. She has to eat, too.

Hiya! I'm back, kiddo!
SlappySquirrel2021080301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Imma just gonna hang out for a bit, toots!
SlappySquirrel2021080302 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Great shots,Jeff. I love the second one.

If I saw one of them at my feeders it'd get a slap right enough😆 They're vermin here.

My battle with the squirrels led me to hang both the bird feeder and the suet basket from very long cords looped over branches that are pretty high up. I also had to locate them far enough from the trunk so that the grey bandits could not leap onto either one.
Recently "someone" discovered that they could chew through the cord I was using. That has been replaced with cable so, unless they learn how to use a hacksaw, all should be secure again.

My battle with the squirrels led me to hang both the bird feeder and the suet basket from very long cords looped over branches that are pretty high up. I also had to locate them far enough from the trunk so that the grey bandits could not leap onto either one.
Recently "someone" discovered that they could chew through the cord I was using. That has been replaced with cable so, unless they learn how to use a hacksaw, all should be secure again.
.22 works as well😜😁😁

Great shots. She doesn't look like she has a care in the world.

Great shots,Jeff. I love the second one.
Thank you! Yep, I like how she was just chilling there.
Nice shots Jeff! I think these are the best shots yet from your backyard series, well done!
Thank you! I'm working on it, a little at a time.
If I saw one of them at my feeders it'd get a slap right enough😆 They're vermin here.
She seems to be on her own. She had a couple of young ones, but they have moved on. I think she's decided that the dogs aren't a threat at this time.
I decided to let her join the party. Compared to what the doves and starlings eat, she doesn't eat a lot.
Great shots. She doesn't look like she has a care in the world.
Thank you! Nope, she's found a nice, comfy resort to spend the year at.

slappy's missing her signature handbag and hat. not to mention her nephew skippy. loved slappy and skippy when i was a kid.

love the pose in the second. wth is going on there?

Nice set, Jeff. Slappy looks a little disappointed that there's nothing in the basket for him.

Most reactions

Back