Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ready, set , go
2udvsy8.jpg

3 in a row

2lmlag4.jpg

off to a good start

1693pm8.jpg

I like number 1 the best. I think you stopped the action well and the way his foot is spread out, the muscle tension in the back legs and the snow spray all do a great job showing the power this dog is putting into moving the load. He looks determined.

The dog in the middle of number 2 cracks me up. That's one of the best "dog smiles" I've ever seen.

They are all good in my opinion. My favorite is #2 though, it has a good "feelign" to it with the doggie smiles.

#1 really shows the viciousness of the dog! Although at the same time with his one ear up and the other flopped you still caught that goofiness in the dog! Really neat! You really captured the moment! :)

None of them do that much for me, if you had shot them vertical to get the driver in they would have been much better

Last edited:
Great captures. I like them all. I agree with 'gsgary' about the vertical (for number 2). Although, I do like the tight shot of the three. I would probably do both (which you may have) for part of a series in a collection.

I like the lead room (place for the action to move) in number 3. I may have pulled back a little and allowed some space above the driver and a little more room for where they were heading on the left, but not mcuh. I still like it!

I'm at a location now with a poor monitor, but the exposure looks to be great.

Just checked your settings and you shot on auto, the first shot your camera picked ISO800 F13 1/2500 :crazy:
If you had shot on manual or aperture priority you could have shot at ISO100

Just checked your settings and you shot on auto, the first shot your camera picked ISO800 F13 1/2500 :crazy:
If you had shot on manual or aperture priority you could have shot at ISO100
I am pretty new to DSLR so can I ask where did you find the settings? I see them in my computer but can't find them anywhere else..
I had intentionally set WB at auto because we were experiencing a sun/cloud mix. The other setting was Program mode which was something I overlooked because in the few weeks I have had the camera I have been using S and A almost all of the time. But would explain why I was having no luck setting the speed and aperture.[a look 2 inches left would have solved my problem:banghead:] I still get to pick ISO and that was the only response to any settings I tried to make. So I played around with it to get a quick enough shutter speed to stop the action, which was my priority at the time. But you are right I should have been in either A or S and a lower ISO would have been fine with the amount of light I had.
Thanks to all that looked, liked, didn't like etc because without positive comments for encouragement and critique to direct us to become better. How would we improve?

This would have been much better with something less than f13 in order to blur the distracting background.
154kffd.jpg

Again thanks to ALL.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back