Slideshow Music for a Redneck Wedding

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot a wedding saturday and wanted to put a slideshow together of some of the pictures.

To put it in perspective, everyone was just about drunk before the ceremony, smoking cigarettes and drinking Bud Light during the ceremony. 100% real moonshine afterwards and a pig pickin as the reception "dinner" (which was actually eaten before everyone got there for the reception which started at 4.......4 hours after the wedding even started at 12.

I would probably need two song and will be using about 200 pictures for the slideshow. I was thinking about using the song they walked down the isle to and then one other one but am lost. They are pretty big into rock and roll like AC/DC, ZZ Top, Led Zepplin and such. The first song was Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney. The bride walked down the isle to this song, so I saw it fit to make this the first one. Just wondering about the second and possibly third one to use. Not that the age of them matters, but the bride is 21 and the groom is 38. Even though they are many years apart, I didnt' know if the different ages would have an effect on what music you choose

Thanks for your help and opinions

~Michael~

Last edited:
A little outside my musical sphere, but the thing that pops immediately into mind is "Copyright". My understanding of your post is that you are making a commercial product (That is, you will receive payment) and while it's unlikely, could wind up in some fairly serious legal hot-water if the songs were used without permission (and good luck getting that).

Mike,

You need to get yourself some Royalty-Free music for this. If you want to do it the legal way that is....

If it fell into the wrong hands there's no telling the amount of trouble you'd be dealing with.

A little outside my musical sphere, but the thing that pops immediately into mind is "Copyright". My understanding of your post is that you are making a commercial product (That is, you will receive payment) and while it's unlikely, could wind up in some fairly serious legal hot-water if the songs were used without permission (and good luck getting that).
Loosen up, tight-wad. Did you know that copyright was actually created with serving the public interest in mind before profits to creators? See Statutory License. Also, he didn't actually say it was for commercial purposes, so we don't even know that (yet).

Anyway, to address the topic at hand: AC/DC, eh? How about "Have a Drink on Me"? Sounds appropriate according to what you described :lol:

Loosen up, tight-wad. Did you know that copyright was actually created with serving the public interest in mind before profits to creators? See Statutory License. Also, he didn't actually say it was for commercial purposes, so we don't even know that (yet).

Anyway, to address the topic at hand: AC/DC, eh? How about "Have a Drink on Me"? Sounds appropriate according to what you described :lol:

He's not being a tight-wad. If you are shooting weddings professionally then you need to act like a professional and do the right thing. Why would you even go anywhere near the "well, just this time" scenario? If this is being shown to the client and then the client wants a copy with that music, what do you say then?

Pay for the royalty-free music and there will be no problems.

Use the copyrighted music, there could be problems, there may not be problems - why take the chance??

Off the top of my head:

ZZ Top - Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers - Tres Hombres

Led Zepplin - Celebration Day - III

Humble Pie - You're So Good for Me - Rock On

Billy Idol - White Wedding - Billy Idol

Van Halen - You Really Got Me - Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Let Me Love You - In Step

Have to agree with the others with gaining the rights to use if you're being paid. Personal and professional integrity, as well as staying within the laws are the only way to run a business.

I would probably use the most recent song by Kid Rock that is topping the charts right now. It has riffs from 'Sweet Home Alabama' and 'American Werewolf in London' in it. I think it would help tie the age difference together really well. Hints of older rock songs with todays hits.

^^ that one would work, personally I would do number two as "LaGrange" by ZZtop....the first part of it has a nice "dig" and build up.....maybe fade in some really funny picture as it builds, then snap into some faster sequence shots?

Loosen up, tight-wad.
Uncalled for I think.

Did you know that copyright was actually created with serving the public interest in mind before profits to creators? See Statutory License.
Okay, reading through several of the results of that search, I find nowhere saying that it's okay to use someone elses work in a commercial product without their permission.
Also, he didn't actually say it was for commercial purposes, so we don't even know that (yet).

Also, he didn't actually say it was for commercial purposes, so we don't even know that (yet).
No, you're quite right, we don't know if the OP is using the work in a commercial product. Hence the reason I added the codicil: "My understanding" to the sentence. Based on his saying that he shot "A wedding" (vice a friend's/family wedding) and the link in his signature, it seemed a reasonable supposition.

Let's put this in very simple terms. Assuming that it is for a commerical product, this is no different than my taking pictures that you have posted on your website and selling them and keeping the money. I don't know about you, but that would certainly bother most photographers I know.

Last edited:
Skynard?

dunno id I spelled that write.

<-- not a redneck. :)

Suffering from the Jerry Lewis syndrome, are we? :lol: He introduced them on one of his telethons as Lie-Nard Sky-nard.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is the correct spelling. Taken from one of their high school teachers.

Suffering from the Jerry Lewis syndrome, are we? :lol: He introduced them on one of his telethons as Lie-Nard Sky-nard.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is the correct spelling. Taken from one of their high school teachers.

hahah, well hey at least I can say the name properly. :lol:

Okay, reading through several of the results of that search, I find nowhere saying that it's okay to use someone elses work in a commercial product without their permission.
When did I say it was? Statutory licensing means you pay a statutory amount to use a song and the creator can't say no. That's the law.

When did I say it was? Statutory licensing means you pay a statutory amount to use a song and the creator can't say no. That's the law.

Um, ok... here's the deal.. Do know how many lawyers you'd have to deal with and how much money and time you'd spend on something like this. Even if you get a license from BMI that really doesn't take care of all the legalities in using the music you hear on the radio. Besides, if a songwriter says "no you can't use it" then I doubt there's anything you can do to change their mind.

This subject has gone round and round over at DWF and RF music is the smart and much less expensive way to go. I doubt most professional wedding photographers have the budget to go the distance with something like this. Besides, who wants to spend all their time dealing with one copyright issue when you should be behind the camera making money.

Most reactions

Back