Slightly Unusual Bird Poses

Terribly unsuccessful day at the Bird of Prey center....someday I'll figure out how to increase shutter speed to catch some of these birds moving (everything is insanely blurry)! But for today, this one cracked me up!

:) :) :) :) Ha, these just keep getting better. What a great thread this is and having a blast looking at these shots. They all bring a huge smiles. Some of the looks and poses are amazing to see :). In fact some of those Owl's, I have no idea how you even see them !!

A real classic with the Canada Goose coming in on top that poor little one, LOL. A Woodie just hanging upside down and now this one above that looks like me after just one beer !!.

Keep them coming folks, this is one fun bird thread. Thank to Lee for the thread as well.

Danny.

orig.jpg

Hey Joe, check this out ........... Awww no thanks !!

Darn pervert.

Danny.

Love #2.. what are these? Look like owls to me, with severe lower jaw dysfunction.. They look seriously happy in the first shot too :)

Nice shots.

Thanks Raj. They are tawny frogmouths, related to the nightjars. When they are serious about hiding you are lucky to see them!

Love #2.. what are these? Look like owls to me, with severe lower jaw dysfunction.. They look seriously happy in the first shot too :)

Nice shots.

Thanks Raj. They are tawny frogmouths, related to the nightjars. When they are serious about hiding you are lucky to see them!

They camouflage themselves so well by the looks, nature is magic sometimes and those are just drop dead gorgeous. Very well spotted and taken. So can you go by the sound during the day, or is it just hope you spot them ??.

All the best and wonderful shots.

Danny.

Naa they are silent of a day. It is just luck the first time. They are creatures of habit though so future spotting is easier (if you know the location). They are fairly common in and around Brisbane.

Jabiru looking down his beak at me today!
13844107244_81bffccb27_z.jpg

Ahhh but they changed the name Jabiru. Although I still call them that :) Fine head on shot and great background for this one. Excellent in fact.

I spent time in "Fogg Dam" in Darwin for a shoot and man what a place that is if you ever get the chance to get up that way. Jabiru's, Egrets, Azzure Kingfishers, you name it :). Just stay out of the water ways, some huge crocs up there and saw a few of them a bit too close up. Man you guys have some species and varieties over there. I'm envious, but in a good way.

All the best and terrific head on shot !!. Captured the natural colours beautifully.

Danny.

Hi Danny,

Thank you for the kind words. Ah yeah 'black necked stork'. I had to look it up! May be similar to black boys which are now 'grass trees'. New names nobody uses haha. I really do want to get up to Darwin and the Kimberly its true, but the grass is always greener. The South island of NZ is a magic place and with the Kea being my favourite species, I am the one who is envious!

*North island is probably pretty good too, I just haven't been there yet!

Hi Danny,

Thank you for the kind words. Ah yeah 'black necked stork'. I had to look it up! May be similar to black boys which are now 'grass trees'. New names nobody uses haha. I really do want to get up to Darwin and the Kimberly its true, but the grass is always greener. The South island of NZ is a magic place and with the Kea being my favourite species, I am the one who is envious!

*North island is probably pretty good too, I just haven't been there yet!

Awww some of those rock forms up in Kimberly are to die for. Very prehistoric look to them, in fact that entire area. You would love it. We were there in the wet season and a ton of tropical birds were in and BTW, that name Black necked Stork just doesn't work for those extraordinary large colourful birds. If you have a full side on shot, please post it up. People in here will wonder what they struck ;) I've only got a few taken on my wife's point and shoot. Next time I'll take the long lenses now I know what's there.

All the best next door and its a beauty !!

Danny.

Naa they are silent of a day. It is just luck the first time. They are creatures of habit though so future spotting is easier (if you know the location). They are fairly common in and around Brisbane.

Jabiru looking down his beak at me today!
13844107244_81bffccb27_z.jpg

Super shot! And -- repeating myself -- it is always a pleasure to view birds one doesn't see at home. Hope to see more "birds of OZ!" Lee

Awww some of those rock forms up in Kimberly are to die for. Very prehistoric look to them, in fact that entire area. You would love it. We were there in the wet season and a ton of tropical birds were in and BTW, that name Black necked Stork just doesn't work for those extraordinary large colourful birds. If you have a full side on shot, please post it up. People in here will wonder what they struck ;) I've only got a few taken on my wife's point and shoot. Next time I'll take the long lenses now I know what's there.

All the best next door and its a beauty !!

Danny.

Not the best but closest I had if people are interested. This ones a female (yellow eye).

Without the sheen they just look black but with an overcast sky or morning/afternoon light the colours are great :)

13846235725_9a26cd3f36_z.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back