Small Air Show

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My three favorites today. I shot for about an hour and a half. Took maybe 20 images of flights. Tried to pan a little, keep the shutter speed low (for prop), and stay in focus. I think I did OK for my first attempt and zero practice. Shutter speeds were around 1/100s and f/14 - f/16/ XT2. 100 -400. Continuous AF wide, CL, center weight meter. No edit, SOOC. I didn't take many because I felt like I didn't know what I was doing. I was surprised they came out amateurish anyway.

MasonAS (1).jpg

MasonAS (2).jpg

MasonAS (3).jpg

Personally, I think these look quite good for your first attempt. One piece of advice for any fast moving subject is to shoot slightly wider than you think you want so you can adjust it’s position in the frame in post.

I think your shutter speed was dead on.

Echoing Destin above on shooting a tad wider, but overall great shots. Really like that first one!

N
My three favorites today. I shot for about an hour and a half. Took maybe 20 images of flights. Tried to pan a little, keep the shutter speed low (for prop), and stay in focus. I think I did OK for my first attempt and zero practice. Shutter speeds were around 1/100s and f/14 - f/16/ XT2. 100 -400. Continuous AF wide, CL, center weight meter. No edit, SOOC. I didn't take many because I felt like I didn't know what I was doing. I was surprised they came out amateurish anyway.

View attachment 161999

View attachment 162000

View attachment 162002
nice set!

Some very nice shots....

thanks

Personally, I think these look quite good for your first attempt. One piece of advice for any fast moving subject is to shoot slightly wider than you think you want so you can adjust it’s position in the frame in post.

I think your shutter speed was dead on.

thanks. I'm so used to shooting tight.

Echoing Destin above on shooting a tad wider, but overall great shots. Really like that first one!
thanks

N

View attachment 161999

View attachment 162000

View attachment 162002
nice set!

thanks

Prop blur is perfect on the first, JC! I was just talking to the other half during dinner about going to a local one next month. It will be my third year in a row attending it. I enjoy them too.

They’re really good. And I don’t dish out compliments.
Shutter drag while panning is hard AF.
Kudos.

See! You did really well. Better than I would have. Great set.

Prop blur is perfect on the first, JC! I was just talking to the other half during dinner about going to a local one next month. It will be my third year in a row attending it. I enjoy them too.

They’re really good. And I don’t dish out compliments.
Shutter drag while panning is hard AF.
Kudos.

See! You did really well. Better than I would have. Great set.

Thanks y'all

Great job JC.

1 Beechcraft T34 Mentor
2 Piper J3 Cub, I think. Not sure of the military designation -edit- L4 Grasshopper
3 North American T6 Texan

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back