The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Small town intersection about 30 km north-east of Mawlamyine, Myanmar.
Stopped for tea, (instant coffee only out here) and proprietor refused payment as a welcome to her country.

p1986856652-5.jpg

That gives a whole new meaning to 'small town'!
nice colors and what a story it tells.
I thought Greenville, Maine with a T intersection and blinking light was small....
Nancy

Infrastructure is very costly and smaller countries only invest when the need is obvious and overwhelming.
The amount of vehicular traffic in rural areas is small and that is limited to occasional trucks and the rare 'taxi' so the cost for putting down asphalt is almost never worth it.
Roads are often oiled, pressed gravel.

This is a typical utility vehicle; a small diesel donkey that, in this case, pulls a truck body. Other times, a plow or flatbed.

p1962104450-4.jpg

There is however lots of concrete and almost everything is made of concrete, carried in sacks and mixed by hand. Only very, large projects use truck mixers or heavy equipment. The cars in the background are taxis hired by tourists from bigger cities. This town is Pindaya, perhaps two hours from the closest 'city'.

p2141629705-5.jpg

Always impressed with the subject, and clarity of your pictures.

Wow, it looks so amazing. Such a culture shock to go from almost anywhere in the US to a place like that, but I imagine the experience is completely worth it.

The best experiences of my life

Always impressed with the subject, and clarity of your pictures.

Thanks.
The clarity is just some experience in post-processing to a specific end.

These are just fantastic- nothing else to add.

I look forward to traveling with my camera more once my kids are all grown up and out of the house.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back