Small Waterfall Snapshot

Qonfused

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally received my S3 IS in the mail today, and I couldn't be more impressed. At first (and still don't to an extent) I didn't know what I was doing with the camera, but I thought this picture turned out pretty well.

It's a top down shot of a small waterfall.

Waterfall.jpg

hi, welcome to the forum I think your picture have good color and it's a very nice scene. However, I thought the composition of the picture is a little too busy. Especially if you just want to show the waterfall, that's what I'm assuming because of your title. I first thing that I notice was the rock and not the waterfall. I decided to edit it to show what I meant, I hope you don't mind. Your profile indicated that's it okay to edit your picture after all, =). This is my take on it, let me know what you think.
Oh yeah, I would make the picture a little smaller too, just resize the image to fit the message board since it's a little big.
Waterfalledited.jpg

Thanks for your comments! Your edits do showcase the waterfall better.

I went down to the beach yesterday (cliche city) and snapped a few.

WavesAgainstBeach-1.jpg

RocksinWater-1.jpg

ReflectionSlide-1.jpg

LonelySwings-1.jpg

Entrance-1.jpg

I really like number 4 in the series, very nice composition, it's a unique point of view of the swing. Happy shooting!!!

Thanks! I'm glad I'm producing somewhat respectable results with my new camera.

Hiya Qonfused, welcome to The Photo Forum! :D

I like how you exclude a horizon line in most of your newest pics taken on the beach. Photo 1 looks like I can almost hear that soothing sound of the little waves. Pity about the bow of the edge of that tiny beach being so close to the left border, it is almost cropped ... or is even cropped off a little by your composition.

I also like the light and colours in Photo 2. Nice detail.

The swings are a good POV, but the right side is too busy, so I think. If this were mine, I'd test if it'd "live up" by a crop into a vertical frame, maybe?

Photo 3 is interesting but quite confusing...

Most reactions

Back