Adorable expression! And I love this hat 10x more than the acorn hat- although that was cute too
Were you looking for C&C? If so, I'd say I like the skin on this one, it's easy to go overboard with newborn pictures and over process/smooth out their already soft baby skin.. But in this picture the skin is very natural The only "issue" I have with this shot, is that her little hand on the bottom of the frame was cropped out halfway. A very close second for me, next to newborn faces, are newborn fingers and toes. <3
But that's really just a minor issue, overall the picture is darling! On a side note, I also like the slightly more transparent watermark on this one.
Do you think you could share sometime what your home studio set up looks like? This looks like it was shot with natural light- could you share how you position your setup to utilize it best?
I know what you mean about the crop. Unfortunately this was one of those cases where I sat my camera down and started to reposition her when she started smiling!! I grabbed my camera and shot hoping I didn't miss it. If I don't crop it as tight the lower right corner of the blanket is very blurred do to the shallow dof and is really distracting, so I cropped most of it out......having to crop out her little fingers too They were pretty out of focus though too.
This photo was actually taken on my moms front porch! It's been hot and humid here, but rainy. I wanted her in just her diaper or nude and the air conditioner was COLD inside and my mom's house doesn't have any big windows or deck doors to use, so I took her out. I'll post my home set-up the next time I get it out.
I like it... My wife and I are in the hospital now getting ready to have my daughter. She is 7 1/2 weeks early but is having some problems. At least I will have a new subject to shoot for my 365 project!
Good job!
I know not much of a CC... I'll do better in about 3 months when I start to sleep again! lol
I have 3 triplet girls. They are 4 months old. I know it is not dry lips . Just didnt know the term. I would photoshop and get rid of it, but I guess it is personal choice .
Looove it! I always love how bright and cheerful your photos are. Not to mention how lucky you are to have such a great model.
Now if I can just get a family member to have a baby so I can get some practice...
That is a great capture! The expression reminds me of some of those life-like dolls they make. Such a great thing to have caught this look on a real live bundle of joy!
Looks like she is having one very nice dream there, bet the parents are so thrilled to have such an image.