www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4944655709_e1d06d74fa_z.jpg

4919538285_625a7c6e2d_z.jpg

4920135754_927f9d0481_z.jpg

4920135264_c268ff463a_z.jpg

4944655385_48f4727c6b_z.jpg

i like em a lot ....the last one looks a Rorschach inkblot testa and the 2nd one like gun ....haha great work

i like em a lot ....the last one looks a Rorschach inkblot testa and the 2nd one like gun ....haha great work

....and the third one looks like a rabbit...the fourth is princess leia chatting with her sister....and the last one looks like a uterus....

it's funny, once i see something in the smoke i can't unsee it....

haha lol i thought the fourth was a weird smiley or laughing budha

all images have these settings...

Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture f/18
Focal Length 44 mm
ISO 100

i chose a deeper depth of field so that i wouldn't have to constantly refocus....i stepped back a few feet to nudge it even deeper....

incense stick about four feet in front of a black fabric background....ambient light of the kitchen with my flash on a cord high and to the right of the smoke....pointing directly at the smoke stream with an eye out for any light hitting the backdrop or flaring back into my lens

editing consisted of upping the contrast a little in levels to clean up the background and to tease out a bit more smoke....

color came from a nudge of the vibrance and saturation tools...

cropped and sharpened with highpass

Great shots! I'd also like to know the setup.

pretty awesome!

Love it, love it, love it. One of my friend who's in this band I shoot for smokes, so he always has a cigarette lit in the headstock of his guitar. I love taking pictures of the smoke!

-Zach

Most reactions

Back