What's new

smoke

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
Glendale, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first picture taken with my new camera; the Canon 40D (Love it!)

Looking at some smoke pictures from other people got me inspired. This is my take on it.
I don't have an external flash, so it's kinda tricky getting enough light to hit the smoke (I ended up getting a construction light at Home Depot; 250W Halogen light on sale for $4!). Still testing around how I could get better results. It's a ton of fun....

If you have suggestions on lighting or other tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1457186030_116481468f_o.jpg
 
Great photography on the cheap. :) Excellent photograph but I think you could chop off some of the right side. Beautiful colours.
 
very cool picture man. have any more?
 
joss sticks on their side, scroll like that, very cool, I'd probably take the dust particles out...mebbe.
 
leave the dust particles. it's very cool.
 
WOW! That looks amazing!
 
Thanks a lot for your comments.

marcuspeddle: Thanks for your comment. I was thinking of cropping it tighter but decided against it. I like the extra black space to the right. I think it balances the smoke out nicely and also gives it some room to go... Thanks again.

ernie: Thanks... not yet the other ones didn't turn out that great. Have to try again...

Chris of Arabia: It's incense sticks. I asked for the "least aggressive" flavor. Cause there ended up to be a lot of smoke... :-)

Joxby: Thanks. I like them a lot. Look like sparkles.

Method: thanks. I like them too... :-)
 
Thanks Jamiebear. Glad you like it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom