• Has no effect on creativity

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Diminishes creativity

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who uses it is a dope, unless they have MS
i swear im not trying to be argumentative, but do you feel the same about alcohol?

Not to argue the medical benefits of pot nor the issue of weather it should be legalized or not. Those are for other discussions and forums. The fact is that in Canada it is illegal. Illegal substances have an exorbitantly high street price and a very high risk of serious legal difficulties. I used to be a serious pot head and a seriously broke one. When my friends started getting free vacations at the crown's expense I stopped buying the stuff. Guess what, it didn't take long before I could afford rent on my own, could afford a decent reliable set of wheels, had a nice girlfriend and could afford the tuition for an engineering degree. Chasing after illegal substances is not a smart thing to do.

When I was younger, I seem to remember it giving me a creativity boost, but these days it doesn't really do anything for me... Plus, it's just not worth the risk anymore. I have a good job and all that...

I was offered some a while back, and accepted...lol. Probably shouldn't be saying that, since it could cost me my job, lol.

After smoking it, I was like "That's it?". Didn't really do anything at all for me, I'd rather just have a beer.

...Something like mushrooms, well - that's a different story! :lol:

:lol: must not have been quality smoke:lol:

Not to argue the medical benefits of pot nor the issue of weather it should be legalized or not. Those are for other discussions and forums. The fact is that in Canada it is illegal. Illegal substances have an exorbitantly high street price and a very high risk of serious legal difficulties. I used to be a serious pot head and a seriously broke one. When my friends started getting free vacations at the crown's expense I stopped buying the stuff. Guess what, it didn't take long before I could afford rent on my own, could afford a decent reliable set of wheels, had a nice girlfriend and could afford the tuition for an engineering degree. Chasing after illegal substances is not a smart thing to do.

You couldn't afford those things while you where a smoker. You just couldn't budget it. Don't blame the substance, blame yourself.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer for this. Everyone is different and it affects everyone differently. I personally get very motivated when I'm stoned, others will sit in front of the TV and not move for hours. I've definately had more "A-ha" moments, creatively speaking, stoned than straight, but that's not saying much as I'm not overly creative to begin with. I think for some people it gives them a creative edge, and for others it doesn't. Same with alcohol, some people are happy drunks, others are mean drunks, and others are obnoxious drunks, etc.

It can be proven that pot does not turn everyone into lazy bums.

Many very successful people smoke (or did smoke) it.

People like Woody Harrelson, Robin Williams, Joe Rogan, Bill Murray, Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg, Oliver stone, Dave Chappelle, and of course Bob Marley to just name some celebrities.

Keep in mind that some of these people use(d) it in insanely large quantities.

It clearly doesn't turn you into a mindless zombie like some narcotics do. In fact I 100% guarantee you that it is better for you than many of the drugs that big pharma pushes, like Prozac.

About the health risks, there aren't really any extra risks as far as I can tell compared to smoking cigs for example. Clearly smoking anything carries a risk because you are sucking carcinogens into your lungs.

It's just a dried flower, remember that. How bad can something be that makes you feel good and is 100% natural? :thumbup:

Edit:

A really good documentary about weed and the fight for legalization in California is "How Weed Won the West". You can watch it on Youtube.

I highly recommend that anyone interested in this subject check it out. It will convince you that weed is good, and the governments massive campaign to keep it illegal is bad.

Last edited:
If I had to elaborate on my "enhances creativity" vote, I'd more precisely say that it "supplements" creativity. A relatively uncreative person won't suddenly find miraculous creative powers while smoking... but if you already have an active creative sense, you'll notice that concepts and viewpoints can spin off in unique directions that you may not have ordinarily explored without a bit of "inspiration".

As it happens, those newly explored concepts and viewpoints may not all be winners... but, hey, not every state park that I explore for the first time provides spectacular photo opportunities. You'll only find something new and exciting if you venture to explore in the first place, you know?

It will convince you that weed is good, and the governments massive campaign to keep it illegal is bad.
:lol:

It will never be legal... The main reason being, they can't make money off of it if it's legal. Yeah, they could tax it like they do tobacco - but who would buy it?

It's too easy to grow. They would have no way to control it.

It will convince you that weed is good, and the governments massive campaign to keep it illegal is bad.

It will never be legal... The main reason being, they can't make money off of it if it's legal. Yeah, they could tax it like they do tobacco - but who would buy it?

Well I hope that it is legal someday...

Only time will tell I guess.

:greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::sexywink:

"It clearly doesn't turn you into a mindless zombie like some narcotics do. In fact I 100% guarantee you that it is better for you than many of the drugs that big pharma pushes, like Prozac"

Very true! I would add it is 100% safer than any perscription or over the counter drug available. If you take anything that has a warning label or side effects involved, that substance is more dangerous than cannabis. Cannabis is safer than aspirin. If there is any way to overdose from anything you could possibly consume(including many foods we eat), that substance is more dangerous than cannabis.

All I can say in the end is that I have been Migraine and headache free for ten years now because of cannabis.

i have to disagree here. you can distill at home, or make your own beer too, but people still buy it. i also understand that its illegal to grow tobacco in the US too. im sure people still do, but you dont see it making 'big tobacco' nervous at all.
growing a weed plant, and growing pot that will form lovely buds suitable for use are 2 different things. id be willing to bet that if the govt controlled it like alcohol and tobacco (which is far more dangerous of course) we could eliminate some crime and a good chunk of national deficit. idk, i tend to think that eventually it will have some recreational legality in the states. hell, if i could vote on it, i would say make cigarettes and alcohol illegal. that **** kills.
and just for the record, im a rather successful graphic and web designer for a large consulting firm. i also have a part time job for extra money on the side. i own a nice townhouse, and i have a wonderful marriage and am a great father to a very bright and happy 7yo. thats not meant to be a brag, just wanted to mention that im not some lazy dorito munching couch dwelling pot head.:sexywink:

time to go put on some peter tosh :lol:

Oh, don't get me wrong - I think it should be legal. I just don't expect to ever see it happen, and even if it did - it wouldn't matter for me, I would still have jobs that required drug testing.

Alcohol is legal, but I can't go to work drunk. If the test for pot only shows if you've had any in the last month or so, there would be no way for them to say if I was stoned at work, or two weeks ago at my house. So, even if it eventually does get legalized - I still can't do it, lol.

It makes......
Roses smell sweeter
Pink Floyd sound more dynamic
My woman's skin feel softer
Color seen more vivid
and bacon taste more........ bacony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back