Smooth as a baby's bottom.

those are pretty nice... i thought about photographing babies (less than 6 mths of age) ... keeping still is a huge problem :lol:

Great as usual shane. Very nice. Just a thought how many hours went into this number of shots and how many rolls/frames to get these?

Nice work! My only complaint, if that's the right word, which I don't think it is, would be on the first one, where there is something in the top left corner, but I can't tell what it is, so it keeps making me want to look at it, when I don't think I'm supposed to be. Know what I mean?

Thanks for the props.

Yes, Oriecat, you are seeing stuff behind the backdrop. When I matted it, I made it perfectly square cutting that out.

As far as hours...maybe one. Babies can't work very long hours :? However I took about 88 pics (on my digital, they're all digital). These four came out best to my liking...and then I have about 10 more that are good but not as good as these. Not embarassing, just not framing caliber. The hardest part was keeping the babies still...which is why Oriecat caught my booboo. She was headed off the rug and I was constantly jumping around trying to frame the kid and the backdrop before she got too far. :D I would also have liked to had a chance to shoot when they were sleeping so I could Anne Geddes some, maybe next time.

A couple of important lessons:

I was trying to shoot with no flash...so because the babies weren't still, a lot of blurry shots would have been better than these had they came out. I need better (more controllable) lighting next time.

There were too many people there, about 8 and two dogs that wanted to lay on the fluffy fabric...so the babie was way too distracted and it was just a mess. Next time, only the babie and one parent will be allowed to participate.

Naked babies will pee. :oops:

Overall it was fun, but next time I'm gonna be a little bossy.

try to ask the parents when the baby is most calm .. most babies have a schedule they stick too ... perhaps it will help u be more preparred ... maybe even consider photographing the baby at their house

Most reactions

Back