What's new

Smuggler's Cove - A Norhern California Seascape

I dont get up there as much as I would like....long drive. But you have some of the best beaches I have ever seen. I love panther, hole in the wall, 4 mile, etc.
 
I don't like how people get obsessed with that all HDR must look "real". It's like some sort of automated reply, without ever considering what the treatment does to the image in question. Whose to say what's "real", anyway. No one truly knows.

Let me rephrase that! I like some HDR.. I use some HDR. But there are many HDR images I personally don't care for.. whether they look real or not, because they are OBVIOUSLY HDR.... and I much prefer a more subtle approach. As far as considering what treatment does to the image... tone mapping when done well, I like.... otherwise NOT! Exposure fusion, when done well.. on a subject that benefits from it... I like!

Hardly an "Automated" reply.. which infers I barely looked at the image, and BOING.. rejected it!
 
This is a great image Trever, love the compositon of this! But not so sure about the HDR on this one, it's too overdone for me. I like HDR alot, but not a fan of the overcooked look anymore. But anyway everyone has an opinion dont they? And your image is a gfreat composition. ;)
 
I enjoyed the shot. It's got great colors. I like saturattion and textures in the rock formations. The center point looks like a giant shark's fin. Even the composition is fine. It's an image that would look very nice on a wall somewhere.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom