Snap Shots for C&C

PapaMatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know I will get very honest and true opinions here and I am ready for a hard time :lol

These were taken with much thought about lighting, composition , focus and cameras WB etc.
However, they were not staged or planed. I saw what looked interesting to me and took some photographs with much thought. So, by definition they are NOT SNAPSHOTS, C&C appreciated

$Family 007 (Medium).jpg

Number 2$Family 027.jpg

Last edited:
Why would you ask for critique on what YOU called a snap shot? Why would you expect anyone to even take the time to critique a snap shot? You weren't willing to put any effort into this, so why should we?

maybe your bored and have nothing better to do; So why bother to replay at all?

Why would you ask for critique on what YOU called a snap shot? Why would you expect anyone to even take the time to critique a snap shot? You weren't willing to put any effort into this, so why should we?

I put Snap Shot only because I am NOT A PRO, and do not get paid for anything I do, that is not to say I did not put my time and love into a photograph!!

I'm new to photography, but I would like to offer what comments I may.

#1 - really just a snapshot. Everything from the little wave, to the box of beer in the corner...

#2 - could be taken from a snapshot to a really nice photograph. I like this in black & white, but I would like to see more of her face. If you'd called her name and snapped just as she looked towards you, it could be a good candid. Something seems off about the colors though. The black's too black if you know what I mean. Maybe there's not enough light coming from behind her, I don't know enough to tell.

I'm new to photography, but I would like to offer what comments I may.

#1 - really just a snapshot. Everything from the little wave, to the box of beer in the corner...

#2 - could be taken from a snapshot to a really nice photograph. I like this in black & white, but I would like to see more of her face. If you'd called her name and snapped just as she looked towards you, it could be a good candid. Something seems off about the colors though. The black's too black if you know what I mean. Maybe there's not enough light coming from behind her, I don't know enough to tell.

Thank you for you reply it is appreciated. I see what you mean on # 2--- I took it when no one was looking and had to snap fast. I made a bit of a mess in photo shop I think could not use flash either.

Oh and on number 1, yes he just gave me a wave, what a HAM! :lmao: I guess he likes his picture taken. It was at a party I liked the smoke from the barb and the beer, it just fell into place. I put myself in a position to capture what I liked

Last edited:
$Family 027.jpg This is Photo # 2 Out Of The Camera, natural

Underexposed.

I like the lady, especially in color...it has a mood to convey; what is the haze seen in first image?

Regards :D

That was from a barbeque smoke, I had to wait a second for the smoke to get just right, I liked the smoke in it.

He was sad at first, just sitting there all alone than he saw me with the camera and a big smile and a wave :lmao:

I agree with you about the 2nd one, she seemed so sad, did not know i was there even, I just shot a quick shot, with alot of thought first as to try to capture the mood>

Thank You for looking and your comments

Underexposed.

Parts of the image are well exposed. It depends what is in the centre of your attention.

I agree the huge black area in the centre is disturbing.

I'd suggest to crop it, and just use the top left two thirds of the image. Then you get a more interesting composition, get rid of most of the large black areas, and you focus on those parts of the girl which are better exposed and the window in the background. Give it a try.

Underexposed.

Parts of the image are well exposed. It depends what is in the centre of your attention.

I'd suggest to crop it, and just use the top left two thirds of the image. Then you get a more interesting composition, get rid of most of the large black areas, and you focus on those parts of the girl which are better exposed and the window in the background. Give it a try.

Thank you very much, that was ever so helpful. I appreciate all the help. Lets look at it this way, I can only get better I hope>

Underexposed.

Thank you very much, that was ever so helpful. I appreciate all the help. Lets look at it this way, I can only get better I hope>

And now ye go forth and try the cropping thing ;) (with the image manipulation software of your choice)

$Nov 27 2011 022.jpg Do you mean something like this????

Most reactions

New Topics

Back