SNOOOOOOOOOWWWW DAAAAAAYYYY!!!

lyonsroar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday was supposed to be the first day of the Spring semester, but mother nature had a different idea. :er:

I guess these are more of photojournalism type pictures, but I think I got a few decent shots. I took the advice of some people and overexposed the shots to attempt to make the snow white. It seems to depend on the monitor I'm on, but I think that worked pretty well...

Of note:
This was my first time shooting in the snow.
This was my first time shooting candid people.

Snow Day 7 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Snow Day 1 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Snow Day 6 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Snow Day 5 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Snow Day 3 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

So how'd I do?
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:

You need more faces and tighter crops. Exposures are nice though.

Thank you for the critique. Alas, it was my first time out. Still in that shy phase I guess...

thanks given.

I might suggest thinking about composition a bit differently. How might you capture the sledding hill from a unique perspective? Down the runner of one of those sleds, for example... From the bottom of the hill looking up....a close up shot of peoples faces in the ecstasy of sledding. Make me want to be there by looking at your photos.

I might suggest thinking about composition a bit differently. How might you capture the sledding hill from a unique perspective? Down the runner of one of those sleds, for example... From the bottom of the hill looking up....a close up shot of peoples faces in the ecstasy of sledding. Make me want to be there by looking at your photos.

Ok. I can see that. That would have been considerably easier if I knew the people, or if I had a decent zoom lens. Admittedly, I haven't probably used the 75-300 in my signature enough to its full potential, but every time I use it I am disappointed. The images just aren't as sharp as the 50mm.

Thank you for the critique.
thanks given.

Hey, someone else that's from Nebraska. It's a pain to find stuff in Nebraska to take pics of when it's this cold!

Nobody else?

I'd like to improve, but that's hard to do when people ignore threads...

you dont NEED more faces and tighter crops, it might look better that way.

1need

noun \ˈnēd\

2 a : a lack of something requisite, desirable, or useful

With so many flexible words in the English language, I think that it could need it for an obviously implied reason.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back