Snow and Fog

jeffp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this photo a few days ago when I was visiting Suncadia in Washington. It is in the morning around 8am. I don't have my tripod with me so have to bump up the ISO to 800. I like both color version and B/W version but don't know which one is better.

Canon SL1, EFS 18-55mm
1/60 sec, ISO 800, f8.0
IMG_2043.jpg by Jeff Hu, on Flickr

IMG_2043.jpg by Jeff Hu, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice! Engaging image.
I prefer the B&W

Great set. I am going with colored images. Variation in color of trees is amazing.

Difficult choice but, for me, the colour just pips it.

I'll go with B&W. The snowy day, the overcast day, the fog, are washing out the vibrancy. The B&W lends itself more to the scene, and brings out the fine details.

Both lovely but I vote BW as well.

I like this color v monochromatic look in the color version. Personally I'd kill the bottom 30-40% of the image and almost square it off.
Will try use square to see how it looks.

Two great shots Jeffp

For me I would choose the colour rather than the B&W. I agree with the comment above by @F5_Penguin As I scroll the image down on the laptop and stop with the bottom of the image at the bend of the river in the foreground, it leaves for me the colour in the lower section, taking my eye to the bridge and the winding river beyond, and as my eye follows this it lifts me into the layers of clouds above, first to the winter trees then to the next level the snow coloured trees.

Both are really great shots but for me the colour has that extra dimension.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back