Snow and shadows.. C&C..

Kathryn4629

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I am looking for some pointers on how to better shoot snow and shadows. I never seem to like the final product. These are just a couple of shots around the farm.

#1 This is one of my favorite trees Shutter- 1/125, Aperture- f5.6 ISO-64
Lonetree.jpg

#2 Fence
FarmMJ.jpg

1st- I think the scene has more to show than It actually does in this frame. Any cropping done?

1st- I think the scene has more to show than It actually does in this frame. Any cropping done?

No cropping done, but I have another frame zoomed out a bit. I will upload it.

I actually like the first one. The first really gives the sense of endless wilderness. The second one is a nice scene but I would have waited until the sun was in a different location, hopefully to shine light onto the row of trees going down the left of the frame. I mean you did a decent job of keeping the shadows from clipping and all of that, but I just think it isn't the ideal way to capture that scene. Don't settle. I mean if its your farm, try another time ( if the snows gone, try again at the next storm )

These are beautiful! Reminds me of the movie Narnia...very nice

#2 is gorgeous.

For me on #1, I feel like the peak in the back should be the focus. My eye is consistently drawn to that first.

It may be me, but I think that looks like blue snow for the most part... Maybe try darkening the shadows some and reducing the blue some?

It may be me, but I think that looks like blue snow for the most part... Maybe try darkening the shadows some and reducing the blue some?

I think you nailed it. It has to be all the blue of the snow that keeps throwing me off. I will try reducing the blue. thanks for the help.

I, unlike the others really like the texture, color and lighting of number one. If you could successfully clone out the one tree spiking the middle, I believe this image would be even better.

The second image is beautiful, with the fence leading our eye into the photo. But the snow is kind of blue, maybe work on that a little in PP.

You have a great eye, and with your farm such a beautiful location, I hope to see more from you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back