Snow and shadows.. C&C..

Love these photos!

Idaho is on the list of two potential states hubby and I would like to move to some day. (some day as when we are probably too old to fully enjoy them haha) and the only place we seriously considered moving to before deciding to stay in Iowa a bit longer--darn family ;-)

Everyone I have met from Idaho says they love their state--you don't hear that so much about Iowa

Very nice captures. I think we can fret too much about some details like the shadows, but blue is a cool colour and the cast in the shadows helps to emphasize the crispness of the day. Are these HDR? I ask because they seem very sharp and there is a bit of a glow around the large tree in pic 2. I love the recession of detail in the first pic. Gorgeous atmosphere.

Here's my take on reducing the blue and upping the contrast a tad.

snow-1.jpg

Very nice captures. I think we can fret too much about some details like the shadows, but blue is a cool colour and the cast in the shadows helps to emphasize the crispness of the day. Are these HDR? I ask because they seem very sharp and there is a bit of a glow around the large tree in pic 2. I love the recession of detail in the first pic. Gorgeous atmosphere.

Thanks! No these are not HDR. Maybe the pictures are extra crisp because it was extra crisp outside that day (-5 degrees)

Love these photos!

Idaho is on the list of two potential states hubby and I would like to move to some day. (some day as when we are probably too old to fully enjoy them haha) and the only place we seriously considered moving to before deciding to stay in Iowa a bit longer--darn family ;-)

Everyone I have met from Idaho says they love their state--you don't hear that so much about Iowa

Move to Idaho! Well I should specify North Idaho, its beautiful and the people are great! But I also love the snow and am a little biased ;)

If you plan on shooting snow a lot do yourself a favor and get some graduated neutral density (GND) filters. It would have allowed you to bring the bright snow and the darker shwdows more into parity thus you would have gotten more detail overall. Plus it appears you have bumped your contrast too high since I can see haloing in the second picture. But ovall your composition looks very nice!

Brian

If you plan on shooting snow a lot do yourself a favor and get some graduated neutral density (GND) filters. It would have allowed you to bring the bright snow and the darker shwdows more into parity thus you would have gotten more detail overall. Plus it appears you have bumped your contrast too high since I can see haloing in the second picture. But ovall your composition looks very nice!

Brian

I would love to have the option of any filter, but I am using a Nikon P90 :lol: its all I can afford right at the moment. I am slowly saving for a nice DSLR :drool:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back