Snow Geese Pitstop

memorex88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
On my way to take a few pictures of my favorite covered bridge, I happened to run into this!
Snow Geese by the Thousands!!!
You don't come across this beautiful show of nature very often and only 45 minutes from a major city!
I'm an outdoorsman and I've only come across this type of luck once before. It was 10 years ago in the spring and it was Canada Geese.

I was on an icy, secondary road in the country with nowhere to park so forgive the out of focus and bad morning light angle, I just wanted to share this awesome sight with you.

snowgeese.jpg

snowgeese2.jpg

snowgeese3.jpg

snowgeese4.jpg

hey
where was this shot...i'm from Montreal...usually see the snow geese at cap tourmente near quebec city

SleepingWolf said:
hey
where was this shot...i'm from Montreal...usually see the snow geese at cap tourmente near quebec city

This was on the way to Powerscourt, south of Huntington.
Do you know where that is? The covered bridge is called Percy.

Wow, I had no idea you could find these near Montreal... Still, way too far for me to go = I need a car.

I like 3 the most. You make it to the bridge?

These are nice and remind me of my trip to the meadows yesterday a week ago where - so a friend had reported - there'd be hundreds of cranes landing for the night at this time of year.
They were there all right but my pics are no good ... the light had faded too much by the time I arrived ... I might still show them in the Snapshots and Bloopers, though, if I can make myself work on them a little...

abraxas said:
I like 3 the most. You make it to the bridge?

Yes but the light yesterday was awfull. So I took it in with my eyes and not my camera. I go there quite often fly fishing so I'll take her picture when she's in all her glory :D

very good but...... where's Waldo :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back