Snow in the Joshua Trees

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not too many people that live around here own snowshoes. But I do. ;)

w711-s5828.jpg

w400-s5832.jpg

w711-s5811.jpg

w711-s5824.jpg

w400-s5845.jpg

There was only about 2 feet of snow on the ground, if the shoes didn't help they looked important.

I was going to move on and not comment on these but kept going back over them! I think you made some excellent scene captures with beautiful detail in the trees and snow.

Thanks for sharing them with me.

These are great! The isolation of the plants makes them seem alien and the whole composition otherworldly. They're so different from the typical snow picture.

I was going to move on and not comment on these but kept going back over them! I think you made some excellent scene captures with beautiful detail in the trees and snow.

Thanks for sharing them with me.

Thank you. Usually the area in which these were shot is very dull and other than the trees, very non-descript.

This is totally unlike stuff you normally do, and a visual treat! Outstanding series. Love it!

NJ

Thank you. We seem to get a good batch of snow here every few years. It's a welcome break and it only lasts for a day or two. It's nice dealing with different environmental variables.

These are great! The isolation of the plants makes them seem alien and the whole composition otherworldly. They're so different from the typical snow picture.

Thanks--Usually it's quiet in the desert with the exception of wind, but the way the snow cover deadens ALL noise it becomes an undistracted visual experience.

Wonderful captures! I love 2 & 3. We had a light dusting of snow last week, but not enough for these kinds of photographs. I'm still hoping to get a few shots with snow on the saguaros. Thank you for posting these.

Beautiful shots, abraxas.

Nice shots! I really like the subtle hues in the sky on 3 & 4. Too bad I'm such a warm weather wuss..

-Shea

Wow you really put yourself out there. Great shots.

Most reactions

Back