Snow on the first day of Summer!

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
Well, we finally got some moisture. It has rained off and on for a week now with an official total of 2 1/2 inches in the last seven days. The trees and grass look fantastic now. It's been COLD though and we have had to run the heater. There was snow just north of town yesterday and in the mountains a lot of places. My tomatos and okra are looking a little unhappy.

This morning when the clouds cleared for the first time in days there was new snow on Pikes Peak. It's been almost bare for over a month.

DSC01722re650.jpg

Nice shot...are you using any kind of filter?

Cool!

How did you shoot this? Road trip OR is your house on top of another hill??

I used a circular polarizer. This was taken from the middle of the street in front of my office with the full 5x zoom on the 717. I cropped about 5% off the right side but that's about it for cropping. There were a couple of trees sticking up into the frame a very small amount which I cloned out.

I selected the area below the sky and clouds and reduced the amount of blue a little and the mountains are at their greenest of the whole year right now also. The tip of the peak (in the clouds) is about 15 miles from the camera.

drdan said:
This was taken from the middle of the street in front of my office

Cool workplace :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back