Snow White

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I’m still trying to get over my cold and work is really busy but I was on serious photos withdrawals after getting my 400mm back on Monday so I got up extra early today to try and get some shots in before work started. On the back roads I saw at least for Hawks but they must have been Chicken Hawks because as soon as I looked at them they flew away. As far as Hawks go I’m starting to get a Corina complex about this bird. Anyway, I was in super hunt mode and out of the corner of my eye I spotted the elusive Markham Bypass Snowy Owl. I had hunted for him several times before without ever seeing him and here he is 40ft from the road. Unlike the Hawks he was much more cooperative as you can see by the photos. He really blended in and was a challenge to see as I drove by.

snowy20062153666copy.jpg

snowy20062153668copy.jpg

snowy20062153669copy.jpg

snowy20062153670copy.jpg

snowy20062153704copy.jpg

snowy20062153712copy.jpg

snowy20062153714copy.jpg

snowy20062153716copy.jpg

snowy20062153731copy.jpg

All this and I was still 10 minutes early for work, not bad.

After work I headed to a place Joat told me about. It looked great and promising but it was getting dark in the forest so I moved on.

I went by the area where I spotted the Snowy but no luck of seeing him but a mile down the road I found a Barred Owl. He did not like me at all and was gone pretty fast.
barred20062153755copy.jpg

I then chased a Hawk from post to post to post until I managed to get this shot. I shot about 25 images of five different Hawks and this is all I have to show for my effort :(

hawk20062153771copy.jpg

I think I could have got some really nice images of a Hawk who just pounced on a mouse but it was on an off ramp between to 400 series Highways and yesterday I got a ticket for an illegal left hand turn downtown so I did not want to risk my neck and another fine by stopping on the side of the highway. He was only about 30ft away and would have been great, I even had the sun out and to my back.

Well, that is about it until the weekend.

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Wow....awesome action series. Snowy owls are one of my favorites. I love #2....great catch!

These are great Airic, man, talking about blending in with their surroundings I must say... good eye ! Awesome shots !

Holy moly Airic. I dont know how you guys find these things. Great images man.
The weather is lookin pretty ugly here , and Im picking up my I R filter tommorrow night too.

Chiller said:
Holy moly Airic. I dont know how you guys find these things. Great images man.
The weather is lookin pretty ugly here , and Im picking up my I R filter tommorrow night too.

Thanks, ya IR and rain ? I sure hope the weekend is good as I need to do some serious photography after being out of it last weekend. BTW, what size of filter? Hint! Hint!

Eric

#2 is stunning, I just love the outstretched feathers against the snow! :)

AIRIC said:
Thanks, ya IR and rain ? I sure hope the weekend is good as I need to do some serious photography after being out of it last weekend. BTW, what size of filter? Hint! Hint!

Eric

I hope we get some sun soon. This weekend is going to be nuts for me, but Im looking forward to trying this filter.
The IR filter is 58mm ...and yes, you can borrow it:D ..soon...after I play first. :D

Chiller said:
I hope we get some sun soon. This weekend is going to be nuts for me, but Im looking forward to trying this filter.
The IR filter is 58mm ...and yes, you can borrow it:D ..soon...after I play first. :D

I know you will make time to shoot, just like me. 58, hmmmm. I think I have a lens that size :)

Eric

Brilliant series airic, really amazing shots :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back