Snowy Mountains

sovietdoc

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got around stitching some of my Mt. Rainier shots with its surroundings. Right click and "View" for larger version.

40885776.jpg

84248492.jpg

87379517.jpg

A very nice 3 picture set. Well done. Nice to see some real snow as we got less then 2 inches here on Long Island this past winter.

Nicely done, can't see any seams or color gradations where the stitching was done. I like that you got people in the first two.

I don't think some folks will even notice the Paradise Inn hiding in the second one behind the person in the yellow coat, that big building gets a little lost in the 192 inches of snow on the ground. So far 20 inches of snow has melted off up there since the 7th. The park entrance is only 25 minutes away and I have not been able to get up there to try out my new snow shoes this year.

Yeah there is the Paradise inn buried in the snow on the second shot, behind the person in a yellow coat. Good spot :p

I used a tripod for the second shot, but other 2 were handheld. 3rd shot was kinda "meh" because this close to the mountain with 70mm on the wide end isn't wide enough. Someone told me I could take 2 layers of shots and stitched them together, this way I could of gotten some more green down under the mountain, I guess I'll try that next time.

I usually try to go to Mt Rainier once a season at least but so far I have never been able to go there this early in the year. This was definitely a new experience walking up the mountain and not being able to take a step left or right from the path, because you just simply fall into the snow if you do and good luck getting out.

I was kinda nervous about these shots because I've only had my 5D for 2 days prior to this shoot and I've never owned a camera like that before, so I wasn't really fluent with the controls. But good old manual mode is always the solution so combined with manual WB, I am actually surprised how good the shots turned out to be.

The only thing I regret is that the pictures are so small on this site, even if you right click.

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbup:

Right click>properties>copy the Address(URL)> paste into a new browser address bar>enter... and it will take you to the larger sized panos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back