Snowy Owl

BillM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another one of those crappy sky days but I'm on vacation so off I went. And I'm glad I did go, it didn't take me long to find this willing model.

Sometimes he was a little camera shy :(

And other times he was ready for his closeup

And what would a thread be without another failed in flight shot, one of these days I'll get a good one. This time he was just too close.

This was interesting, the gulls were taking these snails and hovering over the bridge and dropping them to break the shell.

And no idea what this is but I liked the reflection of the bridge in his eye.

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

nice shots. Even the flying one is better than most of my attempts. And you peaked my interest with the gulls dropping the snails...

Nice find. Oh if you weren't 2 hours away.. The last one is a common loon..

Thanks

The gull thing was really interesting, I've never seen anything like it. Some were doing it along the shore but there were a couple that kept doing it on the bridge. At first I thought they were just having a hard time holding on to the snails. But the bridge is a half mile long so it didn't take long to figure it out.

Nice find. Oh if you weren't 2 hours away.. The last one is a common loon..

Well if you change your mind just let me know, I'll buy lunch :thumbup:

And thanks for the ID, I really need to get something in the 600 MM range. There is some really cool stuff there.

Nice set Bill

Nice set. I really like snowy #3!

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

One more I like

He needs to trim his nails :hail:

Nice shots, I've seen crows and ravens early morning dropping snails to break their break there shells.

Very, very nice! Perhaps I can send you a Pileated to swap for one of these guys! Lee

If i could i would :wink:

That is true and last time I was there with blue skies and sun they wouldn't open their eyes much so at least with the overcast I could see the yellow of their eyes :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back