Snowy zoo trip

Thanks everyone for your awesome comments. I appreciate all of them.

all of these are just magazine shots...its too great...! the monkey in the snow is really awesome... but the best of the shots is your lion shots..the one lioness has almost aqua colored eyes......beautiful...
how can anyone improve on these??? your really crappy shots are so much better than almost anyones best shots....

no one can compete with your animal shots...

awesome shots chiller:D is that a lynx? Love the lion pair with their heads close together. They look wonderful with the light snow falling. :thumbup:

Wow Chiller, these have got to be some of your best shots ever... simply stunning! I love the one of the lions huddling together watching the snow fall.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. I appreciate it.

So this is like the tenth time I've looked at these...and just realized I never posted :p

They're all great! My fav though is that monkey. I've got a thing for monkeys? They just have so much personallity and each one of their little faces tells a story. Good job :thumbup:

Great series Chiller, the lions in the snow are awsome and Im digging that waterfall shot as well. :thumbup:

Carl, excellent series, you know i like the big cats too :)

Thanks so much woodsac, duncanp,pursuer, and JOAT. I appreciate your comments. Really hoping to get back there during the next snowfall, as it is my second favorite place to shoot.

Wonderful shots. Some of them remind me of Bateman-type prints (ie through the subject matter, colours, and he went through a snow/fog phase). Love how incredibly clear/defined are the noses of the lions. And the look of the snowflakes in the macaques hair is cool. Bravo.

these look great.. I have never been to the zoo during this time of year.. Love the pictures with the snow falling.. The waterfall is breath taking..

My favourites here are #2,3,4 and 7. The first of the lions looks like you've posed them! Wonderful timing to catch them huddled together like that :)

I'm torn between the second lion shot and the monkey shot for my out-&-out fave: The lions because it looks so incongruous with them in the snow, the monkey because it looks so right with it in the snow :lol:

I visited the Toronto zoo almost 11 years ago now - not in the snow though. Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

Back