So I broke my shoulder....and wound up here!

Rawlins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I recently broke my shoulder mountain biking, and for the past 3 weeks I've been sitting around doing very little as I can't go to work. On the brighter side, I have been able to spend more time concentrating on my photography, as well as traipsing through forums to occupy my time.

This seems like one of the best/most active ones around so decided to join in on the conversation.

Also, this took years to type with one hand!

Very true. However falling off my bike down a hill was the easiest part of my ride! :lol: Would have made a great picture though.

I'm planning on making some arty shots of my cracked and dented helmet when I get the use of my arm back.

I had a pretty bad one in college about a decade ago on my 10 speed street bike. It was a $25 garage sale special, but I loved it. Unfortunately every now and then the chain slipped when I really pushed hard on the pedals. One day I was hauling arse to class, standing and pedaling pretty much as hard as I could... probably doing about 15 or 20 in the street (fast for me anyway, lol). Chain slipped and my left foot slipped off the pedal and hit the ground and over I went.

It destroyed the front rim, my dive watch broke off and went skidding down the pavement, and I landed hard on my left shoulder. Lots of people huddled over me concerned. I hobbled back to my feet, some unidentified person handed me my broken watch (lol) and I limped to the sidewalk pushing my wobbling bike (fwop, fwop, fwop). After reaching the sidewalk, the vision in my left eye started to go out and I thought I was going to black out. Fortunately it came back. I chained my bike to the nearest bike rack and abandoned it, never seeing it again.

My elbow was bloodied and I must have looks like a literal wreck when I walked into class. It took me a couple of weeks before I could put my shirt on without help. Sleeping was a real thrill.

Sounds like your wreck was 50x worse than mine, so "I feel ya".

from one 'biker' to another, thanks for being honest bazooka. most people would have said they were going 50mph! ;)

welcome Rawlins. hope you heal up quick! :cheers:

Welcome aboard!

Hope you get better soon.

I Know how it feels when you can move or do much after an injury. I broke my fibula and had to get surgery a metal plate and 5 screws to hold it all together. I was out for 3 months crutching along.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back