So I guess I'll be working from home today...

Well, it's the main subject of every news station and source that I looked at this morning. Very little actual information, a lot of speculation.

Yeah. The news people can be such tools. They announced the guys might be from Russia and then the news anchor asks some field reporter who was nowhere near any of it "I heard they were from Russia." Then there was this pregnant pause and the guy says "Uh, yeah, well, I cannot really confirm anything along those lines ..."

Time for bunny to hunker down

Yup. MIT is 3 blocks away from where I work... crazy.

The one thing you can be pretty sure of from news reports is that they have all the details wrong. In the early stages, they have the big picture wrong as well.

Crazy stuff; stay safe, manny!

Don't get me started on the way that the "news" sensationalizes everything these days. IMO, there is precious little true news reporting anymore--it's all this semi-informational entertainment, and every new story must engage us and keep us entertained better than the LAST new story. Doesn't matter if it's a bombing, a fire, a weather event or something else. We have to have HOURS upon HOURS of "special coverage" and we must know every last detail, even if they have to make some of them up.

Even as I type, the morning show just added the delightful detail that the escaped suspect reportedly ran over the body of his brother in making his escape. Now why on earth did I need to know that?!?!

All I know is that I'm actually kind of glad that the MIT shooting isn't a completely independent incident from the Boston bombing.

That would have been crazy(er)

What is sad that the facts on reddit are more accurate than CNN.

Except that it looks not like reddit got it completely and thoroughly wrong, and wound up falsely accusing a guy.

Except that it looks not like reddit got it completely and thoroughly wrong, and wound up falsely accusing a guy.

As compared to...?

This is crazy. They've got 1/2 of eastern mass on lockdown.

Just a friendly reminder to keep the political talk minimised! :)

Also stay safe all you in the Boston are!! My hope is that this ends quickly and with no further casualties!

(Ps mana think of the positive side to this - now you can sit there pressing F5 constantly on that link I showed you last night and watch the little numbers climb up and up!;))

Just a friendly reminder to keep the political talk minimised!

What political talk? I don't know what the official standards are for this (if there are any), but I didn't see anything I would consider political in any way.

Most reactions

Back