So.. I pulled the trigger on the D7K! Couldn't be happier :)

Great shots! This is the clear example where the camera upgrade led to better photography. I do not see it often.
There is something about this particular sensor that makes images look fantastic, organic and natural. I know a guy who upgraded twice from a D7000 to latest models, first DX and then FF but returned to it 3 years later and is very happy. He is a very good photographer.
The pigeon shot is tops.
Thanks Sashbar, I've noticed a considerable increase in my keepers and the amount of crop that I can get out of the 16MP is just unusual for me coming from a 6MP one. Yesterday I found an australian black shouldered kite near a national park, even though the 70-300 was a lot less reach than I needed I actually got a keeper in the BIF after a heavy crop and was smiling all the way home. I am still in amazement, love this camera :)

I guess shooting with 6 Mp camera was a good exercise in framing discipline :)

Raj, these model numbers mean absolutely nothing to me, but you're excited and your pictures, which were already stunning, are even better, so yay for you! :)

Raj, these model numbers mean absolutely nothing to me, but you're excited and your pictures, which were already stunning, are even better, so yay for you! :)
:D The model numbers don't mean much to me either, especially because I don't own a high end model! :p
Thanks Leonore, I've already filled up 30GB worth of data with my new cam, again going out tomorrow to have some fun.. :)

It's a decent zoom for zoos and land animals, but I need a bit more range for my birding. Although I caught nice BIF yesterday, but I had to crop heavily and I can never print it if I wanted to. :(

I would love to get a 600mm one day, but they are pricey!:aiwebs_016:

Nice move Raj - you're already killing it with that camera. Maybe not the right expression for wildlife photography ha ha. OK really great shots, glad you found such a good deal.

Congratulations! What an exciting chapter. I can't wait to see some more samples!

That monkey shot is adorable, by the way.

I would love to get a 600mm one day, but they are pricey!:aiwebs_016:
Tell me about it! :blue:
Nice move Raj - you're already killing it with that camera. Maybe not the right expression for wildlife photography ha ha. OK really great shots, glad you found such a good deal.
:lol: no, not the right expression! Thanks Ron, appreciate it! :)
Beautiful! But so were all your others. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks Scooter! :)

Congratulations! What an exciting chapter. I can't wait to see some more samples!

That monkey shot is adorable, by the way.
Thanks Jazzie, and yes I loved that monkey. I must have a few from him and his brother with blue eyes, I'll post them sometime :)

Wow, really great shots. Congrats on the new camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back