So, I was home with nothing to do

Streetsim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I decided to walk around my house and take the boringness and turn it into something else.
1)
Banister.jpg

2)
light.jpg

3)
unhinged.jpg

4)
upsideown.jpg

5)
stairscool.jpg

6)
oldnew.jpg

(I'd much rather take photos than play video games)

6)
BARELY.jpg

7)
fire.jpg

7)
cat.jpg

8)
flowers.jpg

9)
ouits.jpg

10)
stones.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated. I'm really trying to become a better photographer through each set. Any critisicm is helpful.

if you don't like video games you can feel free to ship me your xbox 360 :)

on to the pictures: they're pretty cool, I like that you used a variety of different viewpoints (like in 3 and 4). I think my favs of the series are 4 and 10, but in 4 I think some better focusing would really help, the idea is great, but the focus is sorta in the middle of nothing, it would be much better if the light was in focus, or if the foreground was in focus (though that still probly wouldnt be as good...).

Keep it up.

omeletteman said:
if you don't like video games you can feel free to ship me your xbox 360 :)

Heh, my brother plays it 24/7. Due to it overheating, I can't play my Firefly dvd's anymore.

omeletteman said:
in 4 I think some better focusing would really help, the idea is great, but the focus is sorta in the middle of nothing, it would be much better if the light was in focus, or if the foreground was in focus (though that still probly wouldnt be as good...)..

Yea, I might go back tommorow and retake it.

Way to productively combat boredom!

I like #2... its a neat perspective. I agree with omeletteman about the focus on #4... When I got to #5 I just laughed at the TP, but dont let that deter you. #6 is a really cool shot.. I like the coarser look to it. Overall, fun series of everyday things. :)

7 and 10 are my pref's. 7 for the colors, and 10 for the composition (but that last one lacks of contrast...) (there's maybe too much nothing on the right).
I found no interest in the other pictures :(

I hope you fixed the fire detector :p For your own good!!

The photos that spoke to me the most were 6 and...6? I felt like they told a story, of a home that is lived in and of the history of technology.

I like the light pattern on 2, too, but I think the photo could be toyed with some more-in post processing, and in camera. It could be made more interesting.

you guys could ask him. if he still lives in the basement
Or maybe not ...
Last Activity:
Apr 24, 2006

Most reactions

Back