So I won the KEH photo contest, what to buy?

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I will be getting a $500 gift certificate from KEH and I'm at a little loss to what I should buy. A few thoughts are a Nikon J1 and an ft-1 adapter. I thought maybe a big flash and a better beamer. I just picked up a Vivatar (Kiron) 105mm F2.5 Macro so I have a macro lens again. I almost never shoot wide angle so the 18-55 kit lens is fine. I thought maybe a sigma 50-150 F2.8 or maybe a Tamron 70-200 F2.8. I also thought about getting a back-up bird lens like a bigma or something... Any other ideas out there?

No ideas but congratulations!

I can't speak to what you should get; I'm completely unfamiliar with Nikon gear.

I just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS"!!!!

Any chance you can share the winning photograph with us?

Congrats! That's amazing. You could always hang on to the gift card until you need something.

Congrats! I personally would probably invest in new glass! What kind of gift card is it though?

A fine photo, for sure. And congratulations on the win! Yeah, a J1 and an FT-1 is an intriguing thought. I've seen some Thom Hogan mentions of using the smaller sensor of the 1-series with high-end long lenses and the converter to make SUPER-telephoto shots in good light. I'm not sure if the adapter maintains OS/VR or not, but with the FL x factor the 120-300 would be a mega-tele.

Congrats Kris! can't really tell you what you should get but congrats on the win!

Man, congrats. I always wondered if people actually won that contest or it was just a trap to capture copyright on a crap ton of images so they could resell for profit.

As far as glass goes what do you have now? I'm on Tapatalk so if you got your glass in your sig I can't see it.

A fine photo, for sure. And congratulations on the win! Yeah, a J1 and an FT-1 is an intriguing thought. I've seen some Thom Hogan mentions of using the smaller sensor of the 1-series with high-end long lenses and the converter to make SUPER-telephoto shots in good light. I'm not sure if the adapter maintains OS/VR or not, but with the FL x factor the 120-300 would be a mega-tele.

Last I read they out out an update for the firmware that was supposed to retain AF-C and VR.

I saw that on FB, Kris! Congratulations; that's awesome! No idea what you should get, but what fun you'll have figuring that out!
On the other hand, it looks to me like you've got everything you need for stellar bird photography--I think you should just send that little gift card to ME. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back