So, I've been asking for help on the lighting, I'm ready to make my order, I think...

Okay: Here's my cart. Someone tell me if I've got a big boo boo here. Please. I swear I'll learn after I get this all in my hands and can look at it, but I am really confused, lol.

STAND8 Adorama 7.5' Chrome Kit Light Stand with 1/4" Screw Thread, 3 Section with 2 Risers. folds to 27½"

781404 Adorama Universal Swivel Holder fits Shoe Mount Flashs

U33BC Adorama 33" White Interior Umbrella with Removeable Black Cover.

PR5132 Flashpoint 32" 5-in-1 Collapsible Disc Reflector, Translucent, White, Black, Silver & Soft Gold.

MT16 Flashpoint 16 Channel, Radio Remote Control Set, Works Nikon SB-900 Canon 580ex and other shoe mount flahes

DPT383AFZEOS Flashpoint 940AF TTL Power Zoom Shoe Mount Flash for Canon EOS, GN 148 (45 m) at 85mm

I could actually get 2 of those flashes if needed, but I'm liking the total in my cart and it'd be easy for me to come up with that much. I just don't want to waste it.

Thank you all for all of your help!!

I'm not sure, but those flashpoint ones look like the same make as the CBS ones. That little bracket looks useful ha. If you're looking into manual flash in that price range maybe check out the lumopro lp160 LumoPro LP160 Manual Flash

I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I think I will be getting it to replace my 285hv.

Think I'm going to go with the Sunpak PZ42XC flash. It's got very good ratings. If it doesn't work I'll return it I suppose. I just don't know how to tell if it will work with that transmitter/receiver. With the memory card, umbrella, stand, swivel holder, 5 in 1 reflector (32 in), that puts me at right at $300 with shipping. I like that because it gives me room to wiggle if I should need to.

Anyone know if I will have any problems with that flash/transmitter/receiver combo?

They're both Flashpoint so I wouldn't think so. As long as you can change the settings manually on the flash you shouldn't have any problems at all. If it's only a ttl flash then you would probably only be able to fire at full power with the trans/rec.

LOL Thanks Blake, but Oh Lawd, I have no idea what you're talking about!

I changed from the flashpoint flash to the sunpak flash cause it seems to have higher reviews, etc. It's only $40 more.

Using the micro-computer control to decode, it has powerful anti-interference ability. Respond quickly, the maximum sync speed of mechanical shutter is up to 1/250 seconds, the digital shutter up to 1/2000 seconds. It can meet any different shutter camera sync flash.

Doesn't this mean that I will only be able to go up to 1/250 on SS? Isn't that... bad?

Your camera has a regular flash sync speed of only 1/200 or 1/250.

If you use a shutter speed faster than that, one of the shutter curtains will be in the shot.

some cameas have the capability to sync with a hot shoe strobe at higher shutter speeds. Canon calls it HSS Nikon calls it FP sync. Then you would need a flash unit that can do HSS or FP.

But, when using strobed (flash) lighting the duration of the flash is what you use to stop motion, not the shutter speed.

I see, so it's fine cause it's all my camera can handle anyway.... Now just to get my $ in order and make the order, I suppose.

Most reactions

Back