What's new

so like, hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostsk8r1058

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty new at photography so any critique or advice is great xD just a few shots I took today at a forest by my house
1.
4299759308_54e26c1a20.jpg

2.
4298962087_6e4e892ec4.jpg

3.
4298957733_7b98dbd34e.jpg
 
Last edited:
You used too much light... Sooo bright I cant see them.
edit* there they are.

The first one is kinda cool, the other 2 not. you need to sharpen number 1 up
 
Last edited:
I like the first one alot, only problem is that the line down the center of the circle thing is crooked and annoying me (OCD, lol). The second two are nice, but what are they exactly?
 
Thanks, I really like the first one too. The second one is random mushroom that my friend's 7 year old sister asked me to take a picture of lol and the third one is some christmas lights by my house. I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD
 
Thanks, I really like the first one too. The second one is random mushroom that my friend's 7 year old sister asked me to take a picture of lol and the third one is some christmas lights by my house. I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD

I know exactly what you mean by that. Same thing I do. What kind of camera you got?

Edit: Hope you don't mind, but I tried my hand at a little pp for the first image. Maybe it could've done without the soft focus that I did, but oh well. lol
jaxlxv.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks, I really like the first one too. The second one is random mushroom that my friend's 7 year old sister asked me to take a picture of lol and the third one is some christmas lights by my house. I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD

I know exactly what you mean by that. Same thing I do. What kind of camera you got?

Edit: Hope you don't mind, but I tried my hand at a little pp for the first image. Maybe it could've done without the soft focus that I did, but oh well. lol
jaxlxv.jpg

Canon EOS Rebel XSi
 
Thanks, I really like the first one too. The second one is random mushroom that my friend's 7 year old sister asked me to take a picture of lol and the third one is some christmas lights by my house. I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD

I know exactly what you mean by that. Same thing I do. What kind of camera you got?

Edit: Hope you don't mind, but I tried my hand at a little pp for the first image. Maybe it could've done without the soft focus that I did, but oh well. lol

Canon EOS Rebel XSi. And I really need to get better at pp. I'm horrible at that kind of thing
 
Thanks, I really like the first one too. The second one is random mushroom that my friend's 7 year old sister asked me to take a picture of lol and the third one is some christmas lights by my house. I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD

I know exactly what you mean by that. Same thing I do. What kind of camera you got?

Edit: Hope you don't mind, but I tried my hand at a little pp for the first image. Maybe it could've done without the soft focus that I did, but oh well. lol

Canon EOS Rebel XSi. And I really need to get better at pp. I'm horrible at that kind of thing

Nice. I've taken all of my pictures on an advanced point-and-shoot from 2004. Just broke it today on accident when I fell taking pictures in the woods. Still took pictures, just the lcd is shot and finder is slightly off. I've got to replace it (it was 500 when we bought it) for my mom AND by my own Nikon D5000. Got to find a job fast, lol.

I'm just using picasa for pp, nothin special or hard to do. I just use the "I'm feeling lucky!" option for the levels and sometimes filters.
 
I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD

You might try putting more thought into your photography. You'll have better results. Shoot things that interest you. Find the interesting angles of view. Compose and consider your light. Give the viewer a reason to care about your image.

When you shoot randomly your photos appear random.
 
I just took random pictures until I decided one of them looked interesting xD

You might try putting more thought into your photography. You'll have better results. Shoot things that interest you. Find the interesting angles of view. Compose and consider your light. Give the viewer a reason to care about your image.

When you shoot randomly your photos appear random.

When someone is first shooting I my opinion they should NOT look at any tutorials or books about photography. Many professionals didn't when they got started, some still haven't. It lets you acquire and learn what kind of pictures you like and what you have an eye for. After you have a few pics which you are really impressed with then look at some tutorials or not. People act like they are necessary and pics that don't follow them are horrible and to those people I ask, do you like renaissance art work? Most likely yes. They did not follow these "rules". So just have fun with photography, it DOES NOT have rules like many people want to have you think.
 
When someone is first shooting I my opinion they should NOT look at any tutorials or books about photography. Many professionals didn't when they got started, some still haven't. It lets you acquire and learn what kind of pictures you like and what you have an eye for. After you have a few pics which you are really impressed with then look at some tutorials or not. People act like they are necessary and pics that don't follow them are horrible and to those people I ask, do you like renaissance art work? Most likely yes. They did not follow these "rules". So just have fun with photography, it DOES NOT have rules like many people want to have you think.


:lmao:
 
Uhhh, I didn't say anything about reading tutorials and rulebooks. I recommended putting some thought into it, rather than just shooting randomly and hoping something turns out. There is a difference.

99 times out of 100 a random shot is going to appear random. You simply got lucky with the 1 shot worth a damn. Don't know about you, but I don't learn anything that way.

Different strokes for different folks.
 
When someone is first shooting I my opinion they should NOT look at any tutorials or books about photography. Many professionals didn't when they got started, some still haven't. It lets you acquire and learn what kind of pictures you like and what you have an eye for. After you have a few pics which you are really impressed with then look at some tutorials or not. People act like they are necessary and pics that don't follow them are horrible and to those people I ask, do you like renaissance art work? Most likely yes. They did not follow these "rules". So just have fun with photography, it DOES NOT have rules like many people want to have you think.


:lmao:

Bitter here is one of those rule oriented people and you will see him make fun of other people while you are here. He is a prime example of an idiot.
 
Yeaaaah... I couldn't disagree more. One of the best books for beginners made is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This should be required reading by everyone buying a DSLR.

And Live Free, you may disagree with someone, but please refrain from personal attacks. Debate the point, instead.
 
Yeaaaah... I couldn't disagree more. One of the best books for beginners made is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This should be required reading by everyone buying a DSLR.

And Live Free, you may disagree with someone, but please refrain from personal attacks. Debate the point, instead.

It was not a personal attack, just an observation, because he has attacked me on several accounts. Also while that book is fine, I would rather learn from experience and build my own style. I considered photography art, it is fine if you consider it a math test.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom