So long, no see...

texkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy y'all. I am still a beginner. I started here a WHILE back. Unfortunately, I am still in nursing school and it is still dominating my life. But, I do manage to take some photos. I have noticed since I purchased my DSLR that people assume that I am a "professional photographer". I laugh and let them know that I am just a avid fan of photography. Anyway, I just wanted to post some pics. Please feel free to remind me what I am doing wrong. I am trying to grasp the rule of third. Unfortunately, I still can't get the hang of getting those cool motion pictures where the subject is still while the background is in blur. I am always screwing up on something. The shutter speed is too slow/fast, I zoomed to close/not enough, or I forgot to turn on the camera (not as common as you might think). Have fun y'all!

The following were at the Scion Expo. I own a '08 Toyota Yaris and so couple of Yaris owners had a mini-meeting and had fun riding the Corollas drifting around the parking lot (yes, it was legal).

Camera: Sony Alpha 200, standard 18-70mm lens, polarizing lens filter, a pack of cigarettes.

ChaseOff.jpg

Faceoff.jpg

Flowing_Trueno.jpg

Gliding_Purple.jpg

Black_Drift.jpg

Red_vs_Blue.jpg

The following set was from me and friend meeting up at the Woodlands and taking photos of our cars.

Bridge1.jpg

ParkingLot3.jpg

ParkingLot8.jpg

ParkingLot6.jpg

Last edited:
All I've done is read a few books and take to a few pros, but as far as I can tell, they're good. I like the last photo... Maybe take out some of the pavement or sky to follow the rule of thirds?

BTW, I like that red car, too. It looks like a red egg.

All I've done is read a few books and take to a few pros, but as far as I can tell, they're good. I like the last photo... Maybe take out some of the pavement or sky to follow the rule of thirds?

BTW, I like that red car, too. It looks like a red egg.

Thank-you. The blue one in the last photo is my car. The red one is a good friend of mine. I decided to leave it like it is because I figured it was a "middle-third"? I don't know if that counts.

Nah, I think that if you take out any of that pavement in the last one you're going to lose the nice effect you got by shooting at a wide angle low to the ground. It's a mistake I've done while cropping, and it's really kinda silly because you're negating the creativity you had going through the lens in post-processing.

I like the one on the bridge, because of the simple lighting, and you may not know it but it also roughly follows golden triangles.

I like the one on the bridge, because of the simple lighting, and you may not know it but it also roughly follows golden triangles.

Thank-you. Since I am not really good at using Photoshop, I try to work with what I got. I am interested in this "golden triangles"? I need to look that up. :D

Edit: I just looked it up. That was freakin' awesome! I pulled a "Golden Triangle". Woo hoo!

Last edited:
Don't really care for the first five shots (these are just snapshots of the action).

The sixth shot isn't too bad...sort of looks like a product shot.

I like the seventh shot the best of this bunch.

The last three seem to have camera shake making the images slightly blurry...did you use a tripod? They just don't look sharp or clear.

Don't really care for the first five shots (these are just snapshots of the action).

The sixth shot isn't too bad...sort of looks like a product shot.

I like the seventh shot the best of this bunch.

The last three seem to have camera shake making the images slightly blurry...did you use a tripod? They just don't look sharp or clear.

No tripod. i had left in the house not thinking that i was going to take so many pictures.

Most reactions

Back