So many magazines whats good &whats not

STICKMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was @ Barnes & Noble today to pick up a copy of Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson, as suggested. With this I was amazed at how many magazines there are out for photography. So my question is what are the better magazines out there. I enjoy outdoor photography mainly and other types as listed in my signature.

Any suggestions for some good reading????

popular photography and imaging is a pretty good magazine in my opinion. it has a lot of "how to" type articles to improve your images etc. and good product reviews. i'd recommend picking up an issue

I've always liked 'Digital Photo Pro'...but there are plenty of good ones. Unfortunately, many of them are full ad ads...so full that there is very little real content.

I alternated between Practical Photography and Photography Monthly and settled on PM because I liked some of the features. They are both from the UK though, so I have to hope and pray that my local bookstore gets them in. (I live in Canada)

My wife ordered me Popular Photography. She picked up a copy for me not long ago and it had interesting articles. It also had some very nice Photoshop tutorial type articles too. So, when my 7 yr old brought home an order form for magazines from school, my wife marked me down for Pop. Photography.

I'm still waiting for it......

About 2 months now......

Grrrr......

I've always liked 'Digital Photo Pro'...but there are plenty of good ones. Unfortunately, many of them are full ad ads...so full that there is very little real content.

I have to agree here my favorite otc mag has to be DPP and yes it probably has the least ads of any hence the 6.99 price tag. I also really enjoy (if you can get them) Studio photography and Rangefinder you can find them online and they also have print versions.

I pick up a Pop-Photo every once in a while, but with the internet, magazines are becoming sort of obsolete IMO. Still good for the loo though.

....but with the internet, magazines are becoming sort of obsolete IMO. Still good for the loo though.
Yeah, but when I take the laptop into the can with me, my wife looks at me strange.....

Actually, can't even do that. Don't have a laptop....

I am a subscriber of American Photo I just received my second edition today I am very happy with it. I have notice don't have a lot of how to's but so far I am happy with the magazine. I am sure there are many options out there. I liked this one because the one year subscription was very affordable...
Good Luck!

I subscribe to Popular Photography and pick up Shutterbug when I find one.

Most reactions

Back