So my very first thread got locked...

almostsk8r1058

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I thought I'd try posting the picture again in hopes of actually getting constructive criticism instead of a bunch of people arguing.
4299759308_54e26c1a20.jpg

Loll. Sorry buddy for the ignants. Straighten it out so the crack is perfectly vertical n itd look better.

There was some good advice in that thread.

Still isn't an interesting composition IMO. The subject (assuming it is the stump) is center but it isn't really centered. The vertical line in the stump isn't vertical and I find that distracting. The colors are blah and the focus is soft on my monitor.

Keep at it.

Oh... and welcome to the forum.

Was bored so I messed with it a bit. Maybe a little too much

641174.jpg

So I thought I'd try posting the picture again in hopes of actually getting constructive criticism instead of a bunch of people arguing.
4299759308_54e26c1a20.jpg

From a compositonal perspective the photo would have had some tension and drama if it wasn't so centered and with the feet barely in the shot,(though color wise they are the main subject in the photo) there's not enough color contrast to generate much interest.

There are no leading or diagonal lines to foster a sense of motion or to direct the viewers eye into or out of the image.

The background being littered with light components draws the viewers eye away from the main subject. In art they say light advances and dark recedes because artists discovered a couple thousand years ago that people at the lighter parts of an image long before they ever look at the darker parts.

So, I'd suggest some investigation into what has been proven works in the way of composition, like the rule-of-thirds and complementry colors, and how lines: leading, diagonal, vertical and horizontal, can be used to control the route through an image the viewers eye takes and add some emotion to make an image more compelling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back