So.. what did you get for Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by DGMPhotography, Dec 3, 2019.

1. edsland

edsland No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A dozen golf balls for 25% off

• Like Like x 1
  2. RowdyRay

RowdyRay Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    There were a lot of great deals if you knew where to look. I resisted. Especially with the photography gear. Lol. Need to focus on Christmas gifts.

Couldn't resist this deal though. I've had a Kindle fire 7" for a long time and the battery finally wouldn't hold a charge. It works if plugged in. Amazon's clearance site, woot.com, had a refurbed 7" for 25-30 dollars and 8" for 40-50 dollars. Different states of condition. Figured I'd wait and see what Black Friday had to offer. Glad I waited. They had new 7" for 30.00, and 8" for 50.00. Opted for the 8". If it lasts as long as the last, I'll get my money's worth.

Hadn't planned to shop on Cyber Monday but, my son's furnace went out Saturday. The ignitor went bad. I told him to keep a spare. Did he? No. Bonehead! A repair service wanted almost 400.00 to replace a 30.00 part. Set him up with a few space heaters to survive and kept the faucets running. He headed to a local parts supply place first thing Monday morning. Took about 10 minutes to replace and he was back up and running. Didn't buy a second one, because he was lucky to get this one. Their system said they were out. Found one in back. Seems there was a recent demand for this common part. Imagine that.

For bleeps and giggles, I jumped on the phone. An Amazon seller had one listed at a discounted price and took advantage of the free shipping. After a little tax, 18.50. He now has a spare. That easy. Kids.......they never listen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DarkShadow

DarkShadow Birdographer Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Notta

4. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I received a memorable experience. My son and DIL took us all (incl. their three children) to the Latta Plantation Victorian Christmas. We toured the restored main house, and several cabins of the workers. A guest interpreter told his story called "The Chronicles of Adam" which he created and presented.

Victorian Christmas — Historic Latta Plantation

• Like Like x 1
  5. pendennis

pendennis No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nikon F Photomic FTn

Nikon F Photomic FTn.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NE-KID

NE-KID No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Bought two Footage cobra 2 mini tripods and somehow Amazon sent me an extra one they cold me to keep it with no charge to me. I also bought a Panasonic Lumix GH4 camera, Vlog firmware upgrade kit and Panasonic Lumix 12-60mm lens from Adorama hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow -crosses fingers- this is the second attempt for them to send me my order due to the first order being lost supposedly by UPS.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. petrochemist

petrochemist TPF junkie!

Photos OK to edit
    I rarely bother to even look at the Black Friday specials, but I suppose the deal I got on a dozen used radio triggers could be seen as a Black Friday deal. £1 for the lot :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winona

Winona No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanksgiving week I did almost all of my Christmas shopping. Everything was 25-50% off. Most of the sales were on-line since we are away for the holiday. I didn’t buy any photography stuff though. I do want a faster lens, but need more time to research.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rlrock

rlrock TPF Noob!

I bought my long anticipated Nikon D750 and the 28-300mm lens. Got a great deal for Black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2