So.. what did you get for Black Friday?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
See title, and show off your Black Friday/Cyber Monday finds!

A stiff neck from looking at the ads on my phone

A great big fat nothing, I will wait for the proper sales..............:anonymous:

Well the best deal I got was pre-black Friday. I got 2 more solar panels for my RV at 30%. Now I have 960 watts which equals just over 50 amps of charging.

For photography I picked up another Flashpoint Li-ion speed light so I have one for each camera. It is 34%off, https://www.adorama.com/fplfsmzl2nk.html

I also picked up a 38" deep parabolic soft box. Not super deal, but I have been wanting to try one for a bit and had just not gotten around to ordering one. It is 23% off, https://www.adorama.com/glsbez38.html

Just some other grip parts that I was just waiting for my next order.

Not that it is for black Friday, but I am ready to push the button on a new 16" MacBook Pro. It is a huge cost, but my current one is starting to fail.

Nothing . My only purchase on Friday was a quart of motor oil which was half price at $1.75

I wanted a lot, but ended up only buying presents for other folks.

I also picked up a 38" deep parabolic soft box. Not super deal, but I have been wanting to try one for a bit and had just not gotten around to ordering one. It is 23% off, https://www.adorama.com/glsbez38.html

I have seen that same deep parabolic softbox on Facebook on quite a few modeling shoots over the past year or so, and it looks like it produces pretty good results. My guess is that you will be happy with it.

My experience is that Adorama really has its pulse on the photo community over the last decade and them offering their product lines, with their large retail presence, really is a good thing.

I have seen that same deep parabolic softbox on Facebook on quite a few modeling shoots over the past year or so, and it looks like it produces pretty good results. My guess is that you will be happy with it.

My experience is that Adorama really has its pulse on the photo community over the last decade and them offering their product lines, with their large retail presence, really is a good thing.

One of my mentors uses one a lot with an AD200. He is too far away to make borrowing one practical and at $60 it is pretty cheep to play. Right now all I have are large modifiers. I have 4 more weeks of my normal job and then I am moving to part time. I plan on spending much more time on photography and practice so it seemed like a good time to get one.

I have bought most of my stuff through Adorama. Good products, good service, quick shipping and I also enjoy there instructional videos.

With the thread about the AD400 and extension heads I decided to pick up a pair for my AD600's since they are also on sale. I had been considering it as they get heavy on a tall light stand, especially with large modifiers. I understand why, but I wish the cables were 1-2' longer, but I can work with 6'. Getting the weight lower on the stand will make them much safer.

The only thing I got was some rest. There is nothing I want or need badly enough to make me put up with the crowds.

I bought a few outfits 50% off for shoots, but otherwise, couldn't decide on anything else!

Most of the big items I would buy I can get even cheaper just by buying refurbished (which I'm planning to do with a D7500 for video work). I considered getting a TV.. doorbusters were wild, but for the space I have, the one I have is fine. Just wanted a bigger one cause the text in Borderlands 3 is so small lol.

It just so happens I'm rebuilding my DX kit and purchased a Nikon 10-20mm f4.5-5.6 G VR AF-P lens from CameraCanada a week before the Black Friday sale.

They were kind enough to send me a $52.50 refund on what I paid. (I did ask :))

Cheers, Don

There were a lot of great deals if you knew where to look. I resisted. Especially with the photography gear. Lol. Need to focus on Christmas gifts.

Couldn't resist this deal though. I've had a Kindle fire 7" for a long time and the battery finally wouldn't hold a charge. It works if plugged in. Amazon's clearance site, woot.com, had a refurbed 7" for 25-30 dollars and 8" for 40-50 dollars. Different states of condition. Figured I'd wait and see what Black Friday had to offer. Glad I waited. They had new 7" for 30.00, and 8" for 50.00. Opted for the 8". If it lasts as long as the last, I'll get my money's worth.

Hadn't planned to shop on Cyber Monday but, my son's furnace went out Saturday. The ignitor went bad. I told him to keep a spare. Did he? No. Bonehead! A repair service wanted almost 400.00 to replace a 30.00 part. Set him up with a few space heaters to survive and kept the faucets running. He headed to a local parts supply place first thing Monday morning. Took about 10 minutes to replace and he was back up and running. Didn't buy a second one, because he was lucky to get this one. Their system said they were out. Found one in back. Seems there was a recent demand for this common part. Imagine that.

For bleeps and giggles, I jumped on the phone. An Amazon seller had one listed at a discounted price and took advantage of the free shipping. After a little tax, 18.50. He now has a spare. That easy. Kids.......they never listen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back