So... What do you do?

You can tell her that she has to pay upfront. Problem solved. :lmao: Just kidding, reputations are everything. There really isn't anyway around this. If she isn't going to be happy with her pictures no matter what you do, than thats a personal issue. I would just explain to her what you plan on doing and what the arrangement is. If she wants excessive photo retouching or wants reshoots of any shots, obviously that all costs money. You are going to have these types of people in every facet of business, whether you try your best to avoid it or not. I say just do your best to explain upfront, show your style. If she doesn't like them when they are done, just explain to her that she doesn't have to purchase them then ( you lose your time, but you are atleast retaining your professional-ism ). At that point black list her from future business if her complaints were baseless.

EDIT: Maybe put a clause on your invoice along the lines of "I try my best to capture everyones best qualities, if you are unhappy with pictures do to your own personal appearance, the photographer is not responsible." I mean you can word that differently so that it seems a little more business like, but atleast its a disclaimer. You can also put something in there about if there are any specific qualities or features you want to de-enphasize, or retouch out of the picture ( pimples, moles, wrinkles ) please advise the photographer before hand for an adjusted invoice.

Geez... I know what I'd LIKE to do... give her the business card of a psychoanalyst.

example, she thinks her nose is large, so I try to get shots from an angle the min. her profile, but then her forehead is too big, so I go and get shots that min. her forhead and then her ears stick out too far! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol

Are you by chance shooting her with a fisheye lens? :lmao: Just kidding. LOL

oh yes, her hair is GORGEOUSLY long! However, she doesnt like it because she looks like the wife from the Munsters with it down! WTF???? haha
Yea, I think I'm just going to have to have a talk with her.
Tell her she has beautiful eyes and that's what you're trying to capture. Everyone likes to hear they have great eyes. Maybe she'll focus on that and forget about all the negs. Just make sure she doesn't hide them with too much make up.

You show her this :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'll actually be out of town for the next few months..." Good luck! Sounds like a senior portrait gig I did earlier this year.. Nothing was "right" to him, even though nothing was my fault! I'm a photographer, not a plastic surgeon!

You could be a plastic surgeon when it comes to photography with photoshop ;)

It is far better to learn how to take advantage of lens focal length, camera placement, posing, and lighting to flatter the appearance of a client.

Trying to do that just in Photoshop can result in very un-natural looking photos.

You could smear Vaseline over the lens. This is known as the Barbara Walters effect in television circles.

example, she thinks her nose is large, so I try to get shots from an angle the min. her profile, but then her forehead is too big, so I go and get shots that min. her forhead and then her ears stick out too far! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol
Do they? Or is just what they think.:lol:

No she is a gorgeous girl, stunning. But she is very self concious

Most reactions

New Topics

Back