What's new

So when can we expect..

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For the D4 and D400 to be released? nikonrumors.com says they will both be announced in august, so when do you think we can expect them to hit the stores/start being shipped?

Mark
 
I don't know. More info ASAP I guess. Is there an ongoing stock/supply problem anyway, due to the earthquake, tsunami, nuclear leaks?
 
Any word on the D800?
 
Here we go again.

This has been, and is being discussed ad nauseum here and elsewhere.

The manufacturers are not saying, everything else is just folks repeating crap.
 
I was expecting it 6 months ago...heck, I've had money sitting in my savings account just waiting for the D4/D800 announcement. Now, I've waited so long I feel like a fool to go with the D700, but I think that's what I am about to do. Prices have just been wonky since the Earthquake. Heck, the week before the earthquake, you could pick up a new D700 for $2300...Now, I am seeing used D700's for $2700.

Nikon has no reason to put out any new cameras...the ones they already have in production are flying off the shelves faster than they can stock them.
 
The manufacturers are not saying, everything else is just folks repeating crap.

I understand that. I'm just saying..if Nikon were to release full specs in August, when one could expect the actual release date to be, hypothetically.

Mark
 
Generally, the 'big two' tend to announce new models in the autumn, maybe because that's when the trade fairs tend to be, who knows. In my experience announcement to shelves is around 6 months, however there are MASSIVE delays with all manufacturers at the moment, because even if their plants weren't directly affected by the tsunami / quake the resulting power 'rationing' has impacted on all Japanese production. Typical example, the new EF L series 8-15 f/4 fisheye. Announced in August last year, it was meant to be on sale here in the UK from March. Canon won't commit to an exact - or even approximate - date of it actually arriving, but when pushed conceded it may be as late as November.

My gut feeling is we're likely to see a flurry of announcements regarding the D4, D400 and the Canon 1Ds mark 4 around November / December time.
 
I was expecting it 6 months ago...heck, I've had money sitting in my savings account just waiting for the D4/D800 announcement. Now, I've waited so long I feel like a fool to go with the D700, but I think that's what I am about to do. Prices have just been wonky since the Earthquake. Heck, the week before the earthquake, you could pick up a new D700 for $2300...Now, I am seeing used D700's for $2700.

Nikon has no reason to put out any new cameras...the ones they already have in production are flying off the shelves faster than they can stock them.

exactly the reason I bought mine recently. You can wait forever, there's always going to be a new modle just around the corner ;)
 
Well I've got the money for a D4 whenever it comes out so just waiting for it..
 
Well I've got the money for a D4 whenever it comes out so just waiting for it..

Know what you mean, to be honest I don't really see the point in getting something now just to have something new only to have it superseded in a matter of months.
 
Any word on the D800?

If you believe nikonrumors, the d800 probably won't be released until 2012. The reasoning was that the D700 was released a year or so after the D3, and so there is no reason to believe they won't do the same thing in regards to the D4 and D800.

Who knows??
 
I think that's a relatively believable statement shot the D800. I don't think Nikon would announce their three top-level cameras all at once. The D800 will probably have the same sensor as the D4, so it makes sense that it wouldn't come out until one, or even two years after the D4 comes out.

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom