Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who made a 'Corry's Car' voodoo doll, and keeps poking FRIGGIN PINS IN IT!!!??? So yeah...I'm at my boyfriends new place right now on his computer...he's downstairs fixing my car...thankfully it broke as I was still in his driveway, and not going down the highway, because if it had, there is a good chance I'd be dead or near it.

I got up this morning, took a shower, got dressed, and went to head into town to get eggs so I could make Erik breakfast on his very first morning in his new place. His driveway is tough to navigate in reverse, so I was turning it around...I had just put in in Drive and was starting to creep down the driveway, when the front drivers side crashes down like I had driven into a pothole or something. Erik comes out, the first thing he says is "your wheel fell off! Who was the last one to work on it?" (did I mention my car has been in the shop 4 times this month already? And three of those times were because of flat tires?) Then he gets up to where I am, and he goes "nope, I'm wrong...the ball joint broke. So yeah...my tire is sticking out at a really odd angle (reminded me of a broken bone where you could see the bone sticking out). He also said something about the half-drive (I had never heard of that) coming all the way out of the car...or something. We had to drive to his old house (where he lived with his dad) about 40 minutes away and load up his truck with all his tools, and everything...now these were HEAVY objects, let me tell you! 3 tool boxes, jacks, a huge air compressor because the tools are air powered tools, and no other males to help him lift it all in the truck. I think we should have just sold all the tools and bought me a new car...we'd have been able to get enough to get me a much nicer car than this! Haha..j/k. Sorry all...I'm venting a bit here. Oh...now here's the other thing...this happened halfway down the drive, which is on a very gravely hill....so he couldn't work on it there. He jacked it up, and we tried to push it up the hill to the garage, but it didn't even pretend to move. He ended up going over to his neighbors, who brought over his tractor, and we lifted the front of the car up in the bucket, and pushed it. My car now has several fresh scratches and scrapes around the front end, but there was nothing else we could really do. Anyway...I don't know why I am still babbling...I'm just really stressed..when they had the front end in the bucket of the tractor, I became nauseated because I was so tense...I'm still feeling a bit sick from it. And this all happens after about 3 other things happened last night that really stressed me out. Is it possible to have a stress related heart attack at 22? Cuz I think I'm gonna be having one soon. Ok...I guess I should go now. I'm gonna go and count my lucky stars that this didn't happen a mile or so down the road.

Oh my god. That is absolutely awful. I'm so glad to hear you're alright. And lucky you're boyfriend was there to help you. Actually, nah blame your boyfriend. hehehe It's all his fault, coz it was his driveway.

Now put that good luck to some real use and get out there and buy a lotto ticket!!!

I think we should have just sold all the tools and bought me a new car
hahaha that's a good point :) you should tell him that :)

I'm at my boyfriends new place right now on his computer...he's downstairs fixing my car
And you just sit calmly in front of his PC and you REALY trust he will fix it correctly? Wow... you are brave girl :) hehe... I always look at somebodies hands whenever somebody makes something for me :)
------
but ok... I'm so sorry Core... but relax, sit calmly, or take a few shots of your bf when he is repairing your old car... and then sell them... and buy yourself a new car (j/k)
just... have a bar of chocholate and it 'll be ok!!!

Poor girlie! :hugs: This is not your week!! If anyone can fix that thing, I'm sure Erik can....or let it be HIM that tells you to dump that hunk of junk! ;)

And it wasn't ME who poked the Corry-doll. I promise! I only have a Chase-doll and at the moment, I can't find it. I think my cat has it, so Chase might be cranky today. :mrgreen:

Heheh...yes, I trust Erik to fix my car..he is an ASE Certified Mechanic. However, with all the tools he has, he didn't have what he needed, because some of the parts were just too hard to get off, and he needed a torch..which he doesn't have. So, I had to call my step-dad, way over in the town I live in, and he talked to the guys at one of the two garages in town, and they came over here with the tow-truck and are taking it back where they have the proper tools. They just left 5 minutes ago. The cool thing is, my step-dad has done a lot of work (construction) for the guy that owns this garage, so we get super deals. We had called around to a few of the towing services around here, and they were all in the $160 range...these guys did it for $75. Hope the labor to fix it isn't too much...Erik already had bought the parts we needed. This sucks. I still feel sick to my stomach.

Oh, and Erik has been telling me to get a new car for about 6 months. I think I just may have to now...my step-dad is even telling me that. Looks like I'm gonna have to settle for something cheap and efficient, instead of waiting to save to get what I really want...there is just no way possible for me to do that right now. I have to have a car, and it has to be affordable. Oh...and now..on top of it all, I have a sunburn! And it itches really bad!!!! I forget it's burnt, and I scratch...then OWWW!!!!

S'all good...things will get better...eventually...I hope.

Ya know...I think I could use some good vibes from y'all...just good vibes in general. Maybe with all my TPF white light, this terrible string of events will end.

I just rented a Kia this past weekend, reminded me of driving a go-cart! :lol:

I hate to admit that I actually had FUN driving it though!

Good luck with the car situation, Corry!

Chase said:
I just rented a Kia this past weekend, reminded me of driving a go-cart! :lol:

I hate to admit that I actually had FUN driving it though!

Good luck with the car situation, Corry!

Thanks... just found out that it looks like its gonna cost me $500-$600 to get this fixed (that's also including the new tires I had to order last week that came in today). I think they said something about needing a new axle (my stepdad is dealing with them now, I haven't talked to them since they towed my car). I'm so stressed I can't even think straight. I've been at work for two hours, and the amount of work I've gotten done I could normally get done in about 20 or 30 minutes. I'm not sure I can rememeber a time where so many stressful things came down on me at once (I've got some other things going on right now, that I really don't feel like talking about) and I'm not taking it well. I hate to say this, but when I woke up this morning, and remembered everything that's going on, I was sorry I ever woke up. Why did I ever have to grow up? Why couldn't I just stay, like...10 years old forever? Then I'd never have to worrry about how the bills around going to get paid, or where supper is gonna come from. I'd be worrying about things like cooties and how long til summer break, instead. I don't like this 'adult' thing, so I'm giving it up. From here on out, I'm gonna be a kid again.

From here on out, I'm gonna be a kid again.
That's the spirit.... :thumbup:

But of course this means you can't touch Erik. He has cooties. :shock:

It's the trade-off thing.....you won't have to worry about your bills, but boys are icky. :lol:

Well in that case...I choose to be 17 years old. Not quite to the point where I need to worry about bills too much, but boys DEFINATLY aren't icky!

There you are, then. But you must listen to all the music you thought was fabulous back then, too. This may or may not be a good thing. :lol:

Most reactions

Back