Soccer Photo C&C please

diverdale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
Newbie here...took this at my daughter's soccer match recently. Let me know what you think. I've done no correction on it..just used the photoFrame plugin for PS....oh...and I did crop it
4520580463_2b3d0cbda4_o.jpg

Thanks,
Dale

Dale- Welcome! :)

Nice action shot! It looks like the focus and exposure are good (on a poor monitor right now), but as far as I can tell, it looks great. Maybe a little on the "soft" side, but you could use some sharpening in Post processing.

If possible, I would use a smaller aperture and longer focal length to narrow the DOF to blur the background a bit more. What were your settings?

The only other comment is to leave more space in front of the player the direction they are going. So, ideally the player would be more to the right in the frame, vs. centered. For action shots 9and many other shots) this gives the subject space to go in the frame (or look into if a staitonary subject).

I'll bet it's fun to go after these shots of your daughter!

Can you recrop it so that your daugther and the ball don't make a prefect cross in the center of the shot?

Your two subjects (the ball and your daughter) are both centered in the shot, the ball horizontally, your daughter vertically. I'm distracted by them being so on center.

settings were f/4 1/500 s ISO 200 70mm

Here's the original in jpg format

4521266336_abd7d3bca6_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back