What's new

Soccer Promotional Picture

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Location
Pittsburgh
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. So this shot was used to promote an upcoming soccer game for my small campus. (D3, NCAA) The idea is to have the crowd and fans wear all black for a black out game. I wanted to create a dark image to promote the game by using flyers around campus. Let me know if you like, hate, would change anything, etc.


WUSoccer by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr
 
I understand your intent, but I'm afraid I'm not a fan; if I could see just a little detail in the faces it would be [for me] a winner, but as-is, it just doesn't work.
 
I agree some detail in their faces/front would be better.

I also suggest you light the soccer ball so it is properly exposed. The players would still be darker than the soccer ball.
 
I was thinking about lighting their faces a little bit, but unfortunately I didn't have triggers to use my SB700 on camera for some fill. I'm purchasing some of those soon!
 
I have to be the poop-head here. Why are there boys and girls both? Surely they have separate teams, so why not take two photographs?

Also, can they scare up some black jerseys for the photo? Then you can have them FACING the light.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom