Soccer

proberts9mr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some new gear to take photos of soccer. Probably looking at new body and lens (approx $4-5000). Have used D300 and 18-200mm in past but as the kids have grown, so has the size of pitch and speed of game. While soccer is outdoors, it is a winter sport, so often cloudy and over cast.

Any thoughts??
Thanks

Last edited:
D500 +
AF-S NIKKOR
70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II

Looking for some new gear to take photos of soccer. Probably looking at new body and lens (approx $4-5000). Have used D300 and 18-200mm in past by as the kids have grown, so has the size of pitch and speed of game. While soccer is outdoors, it is a winter sport, so often cloudy and over cast.

Any thoughts??
Thanks

my thoughts:
$5,000 budget ... sports ... soccer ... that's a lot of money - go for the best
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Looking for some new gear to take photos of soccer. Probably looking at new body and lens (approx $4-5000). Have used D300 and 18-200mm in past by as the kids have grown, so has the size of pitch and speed of game. While soccer is outdoors, it is a winter sport, so often cloudy and over cast.

Any thoughts??
Thanks

my thoughts:
$5,000 budget ... sports ... soccer ... that's a lot of money - go for the best
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Go for a 70-300mm lens below f4 if you can afford it w your body. I shoot a 300mm from behind the goal and as players pass mid field running towards me, it works. For play on the far side a 300mm just barely cuts it. I try to avoid shooting from the side lines as pics are better w players running towards you vs left to right (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back