Softbox Problem

MBPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.monicablancophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased a softbox and this is the first experience I have with artificial lighting. I use my Canon 430EX as the light on the softbox. My problem is that when I am taking pictures, if I take one picture right after the other, the flash doesn't go off. Is this normal? I just changed the batteries in my flash so I don't think it could be that the flash is dying. I am just wondering if there is a way to fix this because in my practice session today with my 2 year old niece, I missed a lot of great shots because the flash wouldn't go off consecutively.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Well...what is the recycle time on a Canon 430 EX flash? Eight seconds? Ten seconds? I really do not know what the specified recycling time is, but it's GOT to be at LEAST five seconds between flashes to achieve consecutive full power flash output. If you need faster recycling times, one option is to raise the ISO in use buy one or two full stops, ie, from 100 to 200, or from 100 to 400 ISO, thus reducing the need for flash output, due to higher ISO speed of the capture medium.

I'm definitely going go try that. Thank you!
I don't know what the recycle time is for the flash but I know what when I use the flash on my camera, it doesn't take this long in between shots. I don't know if there's a difference or not. I will try raising the ISO and see if there's a difference.

Thank you!

Monica

How are you triggering the speedlight in the softbox? Are you using manual mode or TTL?

Most reactions

Back