Solar power...

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
... in a manner of speaking! In some shots I find including the bright sun's disc is OK. But it doesn't please the anti-blown highlights brigade
naughty.gif

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/01/salons-and-blown-highlights.html

Pylons-3.jpg

Inventive title and stunning capture. I like it, blown highlights and all ;) But seriously, really really good :thumbup:

tb2, man you really do have a serious blowout there. Cool. I like it. ron

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm not really a pylons fan - in fact I don't like them. But I have to admit that in the right light they can make a good subject for the camera.

Regards, Tony

I see this and immediately have to think of my "wind power" photo which I took back in October of 2005, this_one_here . I had to search through my CDs to find it so I could once more resize it and upload it, even though back then I had it up on TPF first, but it had long gone. But somehow we share an idea - though when I took mine, I had an orange disc of a sun - just rising - behind my back. ;)

Nice image. They say great minds think alike Corinna :D. Pylons always offer some great leading lines don't they - they almost compose the shot themselves. Some wind turbines are about to appear not too far from me. I think they'll be featuring in some future shots.

Regards, Tony

Beautiful image! I just love pics of objects looming out of the haze, and such beautifully coloured haze it is, in this shot! The pretty little tree on the far right is lovely too.

did you ever look into the sun? in reality it looks sort of blown out too..

Thanks for the comments Antarctican, Lorielle99, & Alex.

Alex, I was being mildly provocative in my statement about blown highlights - I think that in context they're not a big issue, but some folk seem compelled to search them out, then point them out. It reminds me of the audiophiles who spend all their time listening for the faults in their equipment, and never get any enjoyment from the music. I can see that one day one of the anti-blown highlights brigade will point out that with the judicious use of HDR it's possible to show the sunspots on the sun's disc and the detail in the shadows at the bottom of a coalmine :wink:.

Regards, Tony

Thanks for the comments Antarctican, Lorielle99, & Alex.

Alex, I was being mildly provocative in my statement about blown highlights - I think that in context they're not a big issue, but some folk seem compelled to search them out, then point them out. It reminds me of the audiophiles who spend all their time listening for the faults in their equipment, and never get any enjoyment from the music. I can see that one day one of the anti-blown highlights brigade will point out that with the judicious use of HDR it's possible to show the sunspots on the sun's disc and the detail in the shadows at the bottom of a coalmine :wink:.

Regards, Tony

i know, still i had to comment ;)

Most reactions

Back