Some birds and a squirrel.

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the park today and though the squirrels were mostly ninjas and did a great job of avoiding the camera (i.e. would start playing... then I lift the camera up and they vanish in mid air). I did find the herons (I think that's what they were) to be a little bit more friendly. The sun was setting and I was shooting with my crappy Tamron 70-300mm f/(to big) but found it pretty easy to get good exposures. (Click on pics for higher res)

1. this is a massive crop because I had be like forever long ways to not scare him.

2. This was the shy-er of the two birds

I certainly agree about the exposures - even on the first heron shot you have preserved the whites - well done! This is a really good set of shots and I really like the colours you have captured on the water in shots 2 and 5.
Most of the shots have a very good degree of sharpness though I think the trees might have shaded that squirrel a little too much in the evening

I like shot 2 the best - very powerful white colour and very colourful water Well done!

Great pix of the birds, especially #2 and #5. But I have to say I like the squirrel one. I love his pose... It's Spider-squirrel!! :lol:

Tricky to say that as they are already very good. You already have a good low angle on most of them and those you don't I have a feeling that it would require a bit of swimming to get that angle ;).

I would say that it might be time to start challenging yourself - get a spot to hide in for a few hours (day) and try shooting with manual focuing only or some other challenge - try to get a rare bird or a nesting (though it might be a little late in the season for some.)

I think the other areas (exposures, colours, sharpness, composition) you have well under control so its really just refining your methods through mroe practice

Most reactions

Back