Some butter in the garden.

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few shots of a Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui ) and a couple flying posers. Taken with a Nikon D7200, Nikon 80mm macro lens, 8" cloth diffuser, and a SB700.

DEA_5064.jpg

DEA_5068.jpg

DEA_5081.jpg

DEA_5084.jpg

DEA_5046.jpg

Attachments

• DEA_5050.jpg
    DEA_5050.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 171
Very nice and #5 for me! I haven't tried a flash with my macro yet. Of course my camera has the built in pop-up and my kit came with an external cheapy but do you think a cloth over it would work for macro? I do have an expensive one with loads of settings that was given to me but it appears to be too tall to work well for macro photography. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Very nice and #5 for me! I haven't tried a flash with my macro yet. Of course my camera has the built in pop-up and my kit came with an external cheapy but do you think a cloth over it would work for macro? I do have an expensive one with loads of settings that was given to me but it appears to be too tall to work well for macro photography. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I've never tried using the on board flash but I suspect it would be difficult to get good results. I like to keep it simple with my setup but also only use full manual. Here is what I've been using lately.
111.jpg

And here is my other setup that I haven't used in awhile.
DSC_0137.jpg

Those look pretty nice, the square 8" looking less bulky/cumbersome and obviously does a good job. I don't blame you for switching. I think I'll just get a diffuser (they're so cheap) for the flash/'s I have and give them a whirl. Thanks, much appreciated!

Most reactions

Back