Some C&C Took photos of my sis at home

delko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All.

Please go hard on me.

I know this work isnt really on standard.

I shot with a eos 60 using a 50mm m 1.8 lens.

I cant seem to get then uploaded to the thread from flickr.

Please check the light balance.See it was set on flash.Just comment on that,i hav the RAW so i can still change it.

So I Will Just post the links.

1.Deur die bossies.... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2.Tired | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
3.Love my heels... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
4.Nice purple flowers... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5.Kom daar mense? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thank you

one thing that sticks out to me is the flowers in front of her in #1 and #5.

Should i avoid this?

Does it distract your eye?

OR Do you find this as a positive ...?

sorry I didn't clarify and I don't like it when other people replying to my C&C dont clarify either.
Yeah I find it a bit distracting and I think you should try to avoid that. Im not a pro by any means but I would try and avoid things that are in the way of your subject.

On your flickr page, under SHARE, 1) check the BBC code, 2) pick a size, 3) copy the BBC code and paste it into a message box.

shareb.jpg

one thing that sticks out to me is the flowers in front of her in #1 and #5.

Should i avoid this?

Does it distract your eye?

OR Do you find this as a positive ...?

I think the OOF foliage in photo 5 works better than in 1. You can often use OOF objects to frame a subject, but it detracts from the composition when they fall right on the subject like in #1.

Number 4 is pretty good, I think that the landscape orientation works for it. I like the hints of purple and the top she's wearing, I think it works. The light is also quite nice.

The others are just kind of so-so. You cropped her feet in 2... Kind of poor form, but sometimes unavoidable. The shoe one is kind of bland, IMO. #1 is also underexposed by a bit too. Look at the brightness of her face compared to others.

Keep shooting!

RE: your pictures.

All of them are underexposed and the overhead light gives her dark eye sockets

6895817633117c32e46ebll.jpg
When i actualy review my photos after the shoot...then all seems fine.

But after the comparrison i can clearly see it is not on standard.

Thank you.

Just realize that i cant do exposure so good as that i thought,

Ill just have too keep trying to improve.

Thanx

When i actually review my photos after the shoot...then all seems fine.

But after the comparison i can clearly see it is not on standard.

If your pictures look well-exposed on your monitor then your monitor may be too bright and not calibrated.
It many situations, such as where there are bright objects in the frame and you don't want to over-expose them, your actual subjects may have to be initially underexposed, but they can be corrected.

If you aren't familiar with the concept of 'exposing to the right', you might read about that; it might be useful to you .

Lew

I can't help but smile at some of your photo titles...
"Deur die bossies"

I'm dutch, you guys in South-Africa just spell things way cooler than we do. :p

It's best (of course) to get the exposure right in camera but Lightroom can help make silk purses out of sows' ears (I know, I shoot a lot of sows' ears).

By the way, be nice to your sister! A pretty girl who is willing to act as your photographic model is worth her weight in gold.

The_Traveler said:
If your pictures look well-exposed on your monitor then your monitor may be too bright and not calibrated.
It many situations, such as where there are bright objects in the frame and you don't want to over-expose them, your actual subjects may have to be initially underexposed, but they can be corrected.

If you aren't familiar with the concept of 'exposing to the right', you might read about that; it might be useful to you .

Lew

Yup. Ettr.
Expose to the right.
Over exposing is beter than under expose.

Something about the image sensor records more detail when overexposed than underexposed. Guess someone will correct me.

Thanx all.

Will it help to decrease the brightness of my cameras lcd.that way when i review the photo on the camera then it will too dark for me... And then my mind will tel me to use a slower shutter speed... Or a wider aperature....

Might help.
Seems like a trick that would work for me. ^^
Actually... I might try it, I tend to shoot my photos on the dark side too. :p

The_Traveler said:

Something about the image sensor records more detail when overexposed than underexposed. Guess someone will correct me.

Close but on the slightly wrong track.
The total amount of detail is determined by the number of pixels.

Whether the pixel is 'turned on' or not is, obviously the result of whether enough light reaches it.

In the shadow the amount of light that reaches the sensor is so little that the amount of energy from the received light is close to the 'noise' level common to electronics.
Thus there is a low (poor) signal to noise (s/n) ratio. This is why, if you artificially boost the shadows or an underexposed image, the shadows show a lot of noise.

ETTR is done to make certain that even the shadows get enough light from the lens that the s/n is good (high) and the shadows will have detail and no noise.
This means that the highlights have to be watched so they don't get blown out.
With a shot done ETTR the SOOC image will look too bright.
As long as the highlights aren't clipped, this shot can be adjusted to give a great image with nice shadow and highlight detail.

Learn to use the histogram in the LCD to see where the values lie.

Most reactions

Back